45

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

IT WAS NOT A SECRET THAT FRED, GEORGE AND EBONY WERE VERY CURIOUS. The invention of extendable ears have made it easy to listen to the Order and their conversations but the fun was quickly done after Molly Weasley had found one and scolded the three nosy teenagers. 

"What mum doesn't know, doesn't hurt her, right Freddie?" George asks, lowering his extendable ear down the stairs. 

"Absolutely, Georgie." 

"SO YOU HAVEN'T BEEN IN THE MEETINGS, BIG DEAL! YOU'VE STILL BEEN HERE, HAVEN'T YOU? YOU'VE STILL BEEN TOGETHER! ME, I'VE BEEN STUCK AT THE DURSLEYS' FOR A MONTH! AND I'VE HANDLED MORE THAN YOU TWO'VE EVER MANAGED AND DUMBLEDORE KNOWS IT - WHO SAVED THE SORCERER'S STONE? WHO GOT RID OF RIDDLE? WHO SAVED BOTH YOUR SKINS FROM THE DEMENTORS?"

All three of them suddenly jolt backwards at the loud screams of Harry who had only just arrived. They look at each other with pure horror on their faces.

"Can you possibly get past that noise?" Ebony asks George who shakes his head. 

"WHO HAD TO GET PAST DRAGONS AND SPHINXES AND EVERY OTHER FOUL THING LAST YEAR? WHO SAW HIM COME BACK? WHO HAD TO ESCAPE FROM HIM? ME!"

"BUT WHY SHOULD I KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON? WHY SHOULD ANYONE BOTHER TO TELL ME WHAT'S BEEN HAPPENING?"

"CAN'T'VE WANTED TO THAT MUCH, CAN YOU, OR YOU'D HAVE SENT ME AN OWL, BUT DUMBLEDORE MADEYOU SWEAR–" 

"FOUR WEEKS I'VE BEEN STUCK IN PRIVET DRIVE, NICKING PAPERS OUT OF BINS TO TRY AND FIND OUT WHAT'S BEEN GOING ON -"

"I SUPPOSE YOU'VE BEEN HAVING A REAL LAUGH, HAVEN'T YOU, ALL HOLED UP HERE TOGETHER -" 

And then it's quiet.

"Damn, Harry has some serious anger issues he should get checked out." Fred says, taking the ear and putting it in his pocket. 

"Come on, let's say hello." George states. Ebony smirks and the three of them apparate down on the same time. 

"Stop doing that!" Hermione says weakly.

"Hello, Harry," George says, beaming at him and ignoring Hermione's previous comment. "We thought we heard your dulcet tones."

"You don't want to bottle up your anger like that, Harry, let it all out," Fred adds, also beaming. "There might be a couple of people fifty miles away who didn't hear you." 

"You three passed your Apparation tests, then?" Harry asks, grumpily.

"Yup, we worked hard for it too." Ebony replies, smiling. 

"It would have taken you about thirty seconds longer to walk down the stairs,"  Ron comments. 

"Time is Galleons, little brother" Fred replies. "Anyway, Harry, you're interfering with reception. Extendable Ears," he adds in response to Harry's raised eyebrows, and holds up the string which is attached to the ear. "We're trying to hear what's going on downstairs." 

"You want to be careful," Ron warns, staring at the Ear, "if Mum sees one of them again... " 

"It's worth the risk, that's a major meeting they're having," Fred replies. 

 The door opens and a long mane of red hair appears.

"Oh, hello, Harry!" Ron's younger sister, Ginny, says brightly. "I thought I heard your voice." She turns to Fred, George and Ebony. "It's no-go with the Extendable Ears, she's gone and put an Imperturbable Charm on the kitchen door."