66

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

UMBRIDGE WAS ON EDGE AND IT SHOWED. Ebony couldn't handle all the new notices she had made on the board in the past couple weeks. It went all downhill and she was losing the control of everything, meanwhile, she also tried to continue studying without too many distractions.

— BY ORDER OF —
THE HIGH INQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS

Any student found in possession of the magazine The Quibbler will be expelled.
The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-seven.

Signed:
Dolores Jane Umbridge
HIGH INQUISITOR

The thing that must've been even worse than the notices on the board was the fact that the DA was found out by Umbridge herself. Ebony couldn't believe how that must've gone down and she was partially happy she wasn't a part of it anymore. It must've been terrible.

— BY ORDER OF —
The Ministry of Magic

Dolores Jane Umbridge (High Inquisitor) has replaced Albus Dumbledore as Head of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-eight.

Signed:
Cornelius Oswald Fudge
MINISTER OF MAGIC

It went from bad to worse and suddenly there were many more rules to follow. Hogwarts had become Azkaban in the span of four months and Ebony wasn't keen on it. She expected some terrible things to happen and she wasn't entirely wrong either. 

"What are you two doing in the middle of the corridor on a very normal Thursday evening?" Ebony asks the two redheaded Gryffindors as she walks over to them. 

"We have decided to leave." George replies with a mischievous smirk on his face.

"You what?" Ebony asks, looking between them.

"You heard me." George states. "We will have one more prank, one last chance of making history before we leave for good." 

"We're sorry we didn't tell you."

"School is already a hell, you're really gonna make it worse by leaving me to fend on my own?"

"Lee will be here." George reminds her.

"I hope you two are happy." Ebony walks past them and into the Great Hall where she sits down at the Slytherin table. She can't believe they are actually leaving.

After everything that had happened, after everything that went down between them all. They had met in their first year, became best friends and stayed together throughout seven years only for them to leave her alone in the worst year of her life. 

BOOM!

The very floor of the Great Hall shook; tables slipped sideways, students clutched them for support, looking shocked.

"What was—?"

They were gazing toward the doors; Ebony looked around before smirking. Oh, they were idiots. She heard screams before she sees the sparks of fireworks that appeared inside before the doors opened and officially let loose a bunch of noise. 

Dragons comprised entirely of green-and-gold sparks were soaring up and down the corridors, emitting loud fiery blasts and bangs as they went. Shocking-pink Catherine wheels five feet in diameter were whizzing lethally through the air like so many flying saucers. Rockets with long tails of brilliant silver stars were ricocheting off the walls. Sparklers were writing swearwords in midair of their own accord. Firecrackers were exploding like mines everywhere Ebony looked, and instead of burning themselves out, fading from sight, or fizzling to a halt, these pyrotechnical miracles seemed to be gaining in energy and momentum the longer she watched.

The fireworks did not stop and remained the entire day everywhere. They were disruptive off all the classes and allowed Ebony to smirk every time she saw them. Umbridge didn't ask her anything, she was busy cleaning the corridors from the sparks and glitter it left behind.

Just when the day had come to an end and Ebony was about to enter the Slytherin common room did she see a spark in front of her, a very small one at that. She holds her hand out to it and touched it. The moment her finger made contact with the spark, it exploded softly into a heart.

'I LOVE YOU' was written in the air in the middle of the red heart. Ebony looks at it for a moment longer, her eyes soften and a smile curls up on her lips. She couldn't help but feel the way her heart jump inside her chest.

She walks inside her common room and goes to her dorm to continue studying for her NEWT exams which were nearing her incredibly fast. 

***

IT WAS THE LAST GAME OF THE SEASON AND IT MEANT WAR. Somehow Gryffindor managed to beat Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff which means they are to play against Slytherin once again. It felt euphoric but it was also sad. Harry, Fred and George weren't going to play.

It felt a bit too easy, even when Ebony was up in the sky fighting over the quaffle with Ginny Weasley. It felt too easy. She much rather had Fred and George send Beaters her way or get hit by one even. 

"Black passes the quaffle to Parkinson, Parkinson to Zibini!" Lee yells through the microphone. "Here comes Angelina-- oh Nevermind, great Beater from McGrady!" Ebony rushes over and catches the quaffle. "Zabini passes to Black and SHE SCORES!" 

Weasley is our King,

He didn't let the Quaffle in,

Weasley is our King...

It was clear Slytherin would win. They had 90-20 and Draco was after the Snitch while Gryffindor hadn't even spotted the damn thing. Ebony sighed in relief when Malfoy indeed caught the small thing and held it up above his head. 

Hooch blew the whistle indicating that Slytherin had just won the very last Quidditch Game of the Season and therefor secured the cup. Ebony was embraced by her team and very loud cheers came from the crowd.

"Thank you, all of you." Ebony tells her team and smiles at each and every one of them. "So, next year I'll give my position as Captain to you, Zabini." 

"Me?" Blaise asks with a wide smile on his face.

"Yes, you." 

The party had begun inside the Slytherin common room. Ebony had a drink in her hand and was moving along to the music but she didn't feel like partying. She couldn't believe herself. Every time she thinks about the little spark that came undoubtedly from Fred, she felt herself grow warm. She missed him. . . a lot.

"To our amazing Captain whom without we'd never been able to achieve this!" Blaise yelled once the music was toned down a little. "Ebony Black!" Again, a lot of cheers erupted from the crowd. Ebony smiled. "Speech! Speech! Speech!"

"Thank you everybody!" Ebony says and steps to the middle of the packed common room. "I cannot imagine a better present in the end of my final year! I am very thankful to each and every player in my team, I'm thankful for my cheerleaders and for the ones who created that stupid song. I'm gonna miss it here but I will announce your new Quidditch Captain: Blaise Zabini!"

Again, cheers erupted and Ebony found this a good moment to retrieve to her room. She had exhausted herself a lot today and still needed to be in great condition to be able to manage her NEWTs soon. It was all a bit much but she would manage. 

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Written: 09/06/2023

Word Count: 1181