Chapter 9

"I don't know what you mean.. I'm a beta." I tried to sound confident with my words. I needed to sound believable.

"Do you think I'm stupid or something?" Shay scoffed "You reek of pheromones. Your obviously an omega" he pointed his finger at me.

My heart began to race. We were in the open and anyone could over here. I glanced around the area.

"What are you doing? Please do something about you pheromones-." Shay was forced to stop speaking as I covered his mouth when a small group walked passed. There wasn't anyone else around, just the group passing by.

I looked at Shay. His face burned with irritation "Remove your hand or I'll bite you" he threatened. I wouldn't doubt his words, he didn't seemed like the type to bluff.

"I'm sorry.. please be quiet.. no one can find out.." I looked down at my fidgeting hands.

"It does me no good telling everyone. Plus that wouldn't matter if every alpha could smell you" Shay crossed his arms.

"I shouldn't have strong pheromones. I'm recessive. This is the first— I-I don't know what to do or how to fix it!" I felt the panic rise inside of me. My hands began to shake. I ruined it didn't I? My parents are going to hate me even more.

"Relax it's okay" Shay released a sigh "Just breath and calm down. Your covered in my Pheromones, you won't be found out right now" he gave a small smile. This time it was genuine.

"But why is this happening? I'm a recessive" I groaned with frustration. My life just keeps getting more complicated.

"Hmm are you sexually active?" Shay asked. My face began to burn red. "Wha? What kind of question is that?! That's none of your business!"

Shay let out a laugh "I'll take that as a yes". My face dropped, why was I so embarrassed. Sex is a normal thing, but I couldn't help but feel embarrassed.

"Don't worry, your pheromones will die down. This sometimes happens to omegas when they sleep with someone they love, whether their an alpha, beta or another omega. Love is love" Shay spoke.

I couldn't control my expression, all it showed was disgust "that asshole isn't someone I'm in love with" I rolled my eyes "he's pretty irritating and rude"

"Oh well you guys must be meeting up regularly, omegas pheromones could also increase when an alpha surrounds their omega in their pheromones"

"What do you mean? He doesn't do that" I began to sniff myself. "You won't notice it. Although that must be it since you have a faint smell of dominant Alpha— ah that him isn't it" Shay narrowed his eyes, it was clear he was referring to Kaius.

I frowned "That jerk! Ugh he's covering me in his disgusting scent! And no I'm not sleeping with Kaius" I grumbled. Shay tilted his head in confusion "but you said you were active, is it with another alpha?"

"For someone so quiet and to himself you are quite nosy" I pouted. "I'd be careful, alpha or dominant alpha, they only see and want one thing." His tone was filled with resentment. It was clear he wasn't a fan of Alphas.

"Not all of them are bad— Ambrose— um some aren't—." I was cut off. "Its an act. It always is" Shay shook his head "Give me your phone. I'll put my number in, if you have any questions ask me or if you need help."

"I actually left it at a friends place" I gave a small smile "give me yours and I'll put my number in."

Shay nodded and gave me his phone.

I felt a little happy. This was my first friendship with someone like me. "Omegas should stick together, we live in a broken world" Shay gave a faint smile as I handed him his phone back. "I'll see you around." He began walking off.