Chapter 14

"They should be around here somewhere" I leaned against a stone wall near the entrance. It seemed I was the first to arrive or the last, I wasn't so sure since Ambrose messaged back explaining where he and his friend was, while Shay and Kaius hadn't yet responded.

I glanced around trying to pick Ambrose from the crowd. It wasn't over crowded, it was a week day and public schools hadn't yet released their students for spring break.

"Daehyun." I was startled by Kaius' sudden appearance. "Oh hey, why weren't you responding? I thought you were going to bail" I turned to face him.

He looked if he has just came from a photoshoot, his hair was done nicely and he dressed casually. I expected him to show up in gym clothes, I'm glad he didn't.

"Worried you wouldn't be able to see me?" He smirked. I nodded "yeah— wait no! That's not it" I shook my head fast, nearly making myself dizzy. "I'm only messing with you" he laughed.

"Hey guys!" Ambrose waved as he approached. Behind him followed a beautiful girl with shiny mocha skin, her eyes were amber and she had long curly hair that fell to her back. She a gorgeous. People around us, stopped to look at her. She wore a sundress that complimented her curvy body shape. There's no way Kaius wouldn't be interested in her.

I looked over at Kaius to see his reaction. His expression remained the same, I'm sure his heart was starstruck by her beauty.

"Hi I'm Talia, it's nice to meet you guys" even her voice was radiant.

"Mhm! This is my baby brother Kaius and childhood friend Daehyun and— hey where's Shay? Is he not coming anymore?" Ambrose looked around.

"Sorry sorry! I'm. Here" Shay ran up to us, he was out of breath "sorry my bus got a flat so I ran the rest of the way. Just my luck.."

"You should've called I would've picked you up" I turned to him. He pulled his phone out "it's dead.. apparently I forgot to charge it.."

He really does have bad luck.

"Here I have a portable charger" Talia pulled one out of her small purse. "Thank you" Shay looked at her.

"Let's go before lines become too long!" Ambrose was the first to walk. Talia and Kaius followed behind, Talia started a small conversation with Kaius, he wasn't very responsive at first.

Shay grabbed my arm "that's her? She drop dead gorgeous" he whispered. "I know right! There's no way Kaius won't like her by the end of this. I think she's a beta though" I whispered back.

Kaius didn't seem to have a preference on second genders, he's never really dated anyone seriously, a few girlfriends here and there. Their second genders happened to mostly be Betas.

As time passed Kaius and Talia were hitting it off well. He seemed interested in their conversation. He barely acknowledged me. Though, that didn't matter. I didn't care..

Shay was dragged along with Ambrose. That didn't bother me since I barely noticed. I was focused on Kaius and Talia. I wanted this to be a success.

We walked along to the next ride, Shay hadn't been participating since most the rides were big, I was Ambroses cart buddy in that sense and Kaius had Talia as his buddy.

I was sure he'd try to ride in the same cart as me at least once, but he remained with Talia.

He looked like he was enjoying himself .

I watched from behind Kaius and Talia. I walked next to Ambrose but his attention was on Shay. I couldn't help but feel as if this wasn't a good idea. I felt left out, like a third wheel to a double date.