Chapter 21

"Hyung. Are you and Kaius dating?" Doyuns question was out of the blue. We spent most of our time running through our parents' cards, my reason was out of spite.

"That's a random question" I nearly choked on my churro.

"Is that a yes?" Doyun tilted his head. "No, we aren't. . But I sorta have a thing for him. ." I felt as if I should tell Doyun. I wanted to get closer to him and one way was to share deeper things.

"Oh" Doyun fell silent.

What was his reaction? Was he disgusted too?

"Yeah." I released a sigh. I expect that from my brother, he was raised and conditioned by our father. Of course, he'd have the same mindset.

I took a bite of my churro with irritation. I looked to Doyun who remained quiet. To my surprise his face was red. I raised a brow of curiosity, why was he blushing? Did he like Kaius too? That can't be, Kaius is way older than him— is he even into guys?

Oh. . .

"Doyun do you like guys?" I asked. Doyuns eyes widen as he refused to look at me. That right there told me my answer.

I released a small laugh, his reaction was cute and so obvious, "it's okay if you do"

"Mother and Father say it's unnatural" Doyun finally muttered. "Screw what they say, they're old heads. In today's day, same-sex couples are common" I assured him.

"I'm not weird if I do?" Doyun looked at me. Has he always seemed this timid?

"Look, I'm into guys and I'm an omega. You can't get weirder than me" I patted his shoulder. I looked around the mall area for our next stop. My eyes came across a large arcade "Hey, let's go in there"

Doyun gave a small nod and followed me in, "Hyung, are you going to tell Kaius?" He asked.

I shook my head "Not anytime soon. I'm waiting for the right moment. Though I'm not too sure if I should, it's not like I'd be able to be with him if he reciprocated my feelings, father is against it"

"Oh. Well, I'm rooting for you. So I hope you do." He said, his voice began to get lower "How do you know if you like someone?"

I could barely hear what he said due to the arcade noise "Hmm? Say that again?"

"Um I want to play this game" Doyun spoke louder as he pointed to a shooting game. I grabbed his hand, "let's play it then!"

"Doyun I really appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to hang out with me. Without you I'd still be walking" We sat on a park bench eating ice cream "Won't you get in trouble for not going to your rehearsal"

Doyun gave a small nod as he licked his ice cream. It was clear a lot was going through his mind.

I looked up at the sky as I leaned back. This was relaxing. I needed this, especially after today's episode. I'm not ready to face my parents.

"I don't want to be an actor anymore" Doyun suddenly spoke "I don't want people to know who I am"

I glanced at him as he continued to speak, "All my classmates hang out with me because I'm an actor and I come from a rich background. I hate acting so much. I feel as if I'm putting on an act for everyone and that no one knows who I really am" he muttered.

"Why not tell Mother, she'll be more understanding than Father"

"No. She only does what father says. ." He pulled his knees to his chest. His ice cream began to melt onto his hand.

I stared at him. I never once thought about how Doyun might be affected by our parent's will or my other siblings. Did they feel this overwhelming pressure to be perfect and the need to please our parents. Maybe we're more alike than I thought.