Chapter 38

*Trigger warning: Mention of drugs, R*pe, SA*

"Hyung please don't leave. I'll be lonely at home" Doyun grabbed my hand. "Doyun, it's his choice" Nara placed her hands on his shoulders.

I gave a small smile "Don't worry. I'll call you". "You promise?" Doyun sniffed. "Oh C'mon, when did you become such a big baby" I hugged my brother.

"I'm not" his voice cracked as he wiped his eyes. We stood at the check-in line at the airport saying our final goodbyes. I was ready to leave everything behind.

"Daehyun, I know your father is hardheaded but you are welcome home whenever you are in town" Mother spoke softly "Oh and he told me to give you this" She pulled a small box out. I grabbed the box once she offered it over to me.

Why would he give me anything?

I opened the box to see my father's ring. "Whoever you end up falling in love with, he shows his support" she smiled "We've gone through a lot of conversations and we're able to understand where you are coming from. All of you guys"

"Mhm! Father was ticked about Ari" Nara smiled as she winked at Ari. Ari nudged her "We're in public" she giggled. They both had hats on to cover most of their faces.

I stared at the ring. "Daehyun you better get through security if you want to make it on your plane" Mother stated.

I grabbed my bag and began walking into the line. I looked back at them as they waved. When did it hurt to leave them?

I glanced forward before looking down at the ring. Why did he give me this? Wouldn't it have been better to give to someone more worthy of love? I won't love again.

A piece of me would always reside with Kaius.

What was I doing? Is this the right choice? Was I just running away because I was scared?

I scoffed to myself as the noise around me became silent.

In my mind I began to relive the memories I made with Kaius. How could he love someone like me? It made no sense. He's just young, he might find someone else. I'll only be holding him back.

insecurities are lies that eat away at a person. Mine would devour me. The power I gave my insecurities over my life, was destructive.

My eyes widen. That isn't true, he said this was his choice. How could I be so selfish?

I turned pushing my way out of the line "Excuse me, excuse me! Mom!" I called as I forced my way out. Luckily they hadn't left their spot yet. They were around Doyun comforting him.

"Daehyun!" Doyun cried as he ran and embraced me. "I can't do it. I need to find him" I huffed.

"Kaius? He's at the fitters trying out tuxes" Mother stated, "his mother is posting about it, she doesn't seem happy by the little faces she put in her caption". So soon? "I need to speak with him!" I stated.

Mother scrolled on her phone "Ah I know where they're at. Come" she spoke.

"Kaius love you look so handsome" Talia brushed the hair off his shoulders. Kaius moved away from her hand "I don't like it" he took the jacket off.

"Kaius" Farris called his son, giving him a warning.

Kaius rolled his eyes as he entered the changing room "Bring me something else."

"I don't understand, that's the suit we picked now your changing it" Talia sighed. "Well I hate it" Kaius closed the curtain that lead out.

"What's with your boy?" Talia's father asked. "He's had a long night." Farris narrowed his eyes.