Side story 15

*Ambrose's POV*

I gently knocked on Shay's door. It probably wasn't smart for me to show up again. It might cause suspicion, but this time I had a gift basket filled with fruits.

I wanted to throw them off. Make them think I'm doing an innocent good gesture for a friend. But in reality, I wanted to get a head count and scope the area.

How many men were staying with Shay? Was Giovanni here? How many are armed?

Minor details that are a big impact. As well as the state of Shay.

I could barely rest knowing what is going on.

I knocked again. There was no noise coming from inside. I frowned as I began putting in the code.

The only reason I knew the code was because I always looked over Shay's shoulder when he put it in. I thought it might come in handy.

I slowly opened the door. It was quiet enough that the doors creek was loud.

I raised a brow as I slowly stepped in. I placed the basket down so that my hands were free in case I needed to protect myself.

"Shay" I spoke in a low tone. The living room and kitchen area were a mess. There was broken glass nearly everywhere. It's best to assume that Shay tried to fight back.

I moved towards his bedroom, pushing the cracked door open. No one was inside.

I looked around the room. Everything was a mess. The lamp and drawers were broken.

My eyes widen. Is that? I moved towards his bed. The sheets were stained in what I assumed was, blood.

Shit.

I began to become overwhelmed with worry. Fuck, Shay what happened? Where are you?

I began looking around, tossing items around. Maybe there was something left behind by Shay's attackers.

"Nothing." I ran my fingers through my hair. This shit was stressing me out. I placed my hands on my hips as I stared at the mess.

A sudden noise came from Fraisa's room. I quickly but quietly made my way to the next room. Was someone in there?

I pushed the door open. Everything was pitch black. I slowly stepped forward before a body forced tackled me into Shay's bedroom door, breaking it.

I flinch in pain as the weight on me was lifted. My back...

I locked eyes with the man who attacked me. He reaches for the gun in his pants.

My eyes widen as I kicked the knee of the man, knocking him to the ground. He grunted as he hit the ground.

I sprung on top of him, fighting to take the weapon.

I couldn't see the man's face, he was wearing a mask.

"Who are you!" I managed to push the gun out of the man's grasp.

His body rocked as he tried to get out of my grip.

I managed to keep him in place with my full body weight "Why not show your face—." I grabbed the mask, in an attempt to pull it off.

He grabbed my wrist, pulling my hand from the mask. He twisted my arm away. A sharp pain went through my entire arm.

In a quick but swift movement, he brought his legs forward, forcing me into a vulnerable position.

His thigh squeezed around my neck, blocking my airway as he pulled my arm into a lock.