What friends are for

Weeks later it was the Saturday after Freddie's actual birthday. Liam and Zayn headed to the suburbs of London to Karen and Geoff's. The couple gladly told Louis they could have the Boys birthday party there. Louis assured it was fine but they both insisted.

When they arrived, the party had just begun. Kids who they've never seen before were running around. They must've been Freddie's classmates and friends.

"Hey uncle Li and Zan, bye uncle Li and Zan." Ashton waved as he ran off with a group of kids in front of the couple.

"Are you ready for that?" Liam turned to Zayn.

"I'm literally going to cry if our kid acknowledges us like that." Zayn frowned.

"They'll get to that age eventually Zee." Liam rubbed at his back as they walked further into the house.

"Oh look they just got here. Here say hi to Hazza." Freddie said holding his phone and turning it to the couple who entered the living room.

"Oh hey Haz!" Zayn waved

"Hiiii!"

"What's up Harold."

Harry rolled his eyes playfully at the man. "Sup Li bear." He said with a wink.

Liam immediately turned to Zayn. That name was only suppose to be between them so of course now that Harry knew about it he would not let it go. Zayn went wide eye and tried not to look at Liam.

"It just came out one day..." Zayn sighed out heavily from holding his breath for a bit.

"Okay well anyway the gaming trailer is pulling up outside so gotta go! Bye!" Harry frowned but said a quick goodbye before the boy pressed the red button and ran out to the front door with the group of kids.

"Game trailer?" Liam asked in confusion to Louis.

The older man chuckled. "Yeah I rented out this gaming trailer just to keep them entertained. I don't know kids are weird now at days, and I really didn't feel like renting ring light stands to film tik toks the whole span of this." He said as all three laughed.

"So uh can we eat already? I'm kind of hungry." Niall tapped Louis shoulder. "Oh what's up boys." He waved eagerly to the couple who returned the favor.

"You could've eaten ages ago. The pizza arrives in a few for the kids... or is that what you were waiting for?" Louis raises his brow.

"Maybe..." Niall shrugged and walked away.

Zayn and Liam looked between each other as the man sauntered off as Louis scoffed. They all moved into the living room to relax as all the kids were occupied in the game trailer.

Later when the pizza came the kids came into the house really quickly and immediately went back outside. Then come time for the cake they all came inside again. They all sang happy birthday to Freddie and he opened his gifts.

At the end of the party a couple of the kids still remained. They had moved to the gaming room meant for Ashton since they exhausted the game trailer outside. Liam and Niall made their way in as they started playing a footie game on the console. Even the other adults like Yaser, and Geoff even gave it a try. Louis still had it booked for another hour so he was glad it was getting put to use.

Zayn and Louis remained in the house helping with the clean up. They were both in the kitchen at the moment packing up all the food and deserts. "Hey can I ask you something?" Zayn said as he placed some of the ice cream utensils in the sink.

"Sure what's up?" Louis said as he moved to the pantry.

The younger out of the two bit his lip. Lately he'd been wondering about parenthood but he was too shy to ask his parents for advice. He wanted it to seem like he had it together, and yes he was excited, but he was also kinda intimidated. "When you first had Freddie were you um- were you nervous?"