Uninspired and Anxious

The next day was Sunday and usually this was Liam and Zayn's, for the most part, laid back day. Other than cleaning, washing, and getting ready for the week, there were always lots of cuddle sessions on the couch and bed in between loads of laundry, while they watched TV.

This specific Sunday after all the news that hit them yesterday, was different though. Instead of getting up and making breakfast with Liam, Zayn just laid in bed scrolling on his phone. His husband asked if he wanted anything to he ordered or even his usual coffee since Liam knew how he liked it made, which he still said no to. It frustrated Liam but he just brushed it off and went down to their private homes community gym to let off some steam.

Zayn finally got up when he heard the door shut. Loki eagerly wagged his tail and started getting the zoomies signaling he wanted to go outside. After walking down the steps and into the living room Zayn pulled the sliding door back and out darted the puppy. He giggled because Loki always was so fast to run out the he'd run into his toys scattered around almost making him slip.

He shut the door behind him turning around to go into the laundry room. His and Liam's clothes were already in their designated baskets and ready to be loaded up. He grumbled but knew he needed to do something to take his mind off of things so he started piling the articles of clothes in.

For the most part the house was clean other than tidying up the kitchen due to the food they had the day before with Niall and Louis. He picked up the remaining contents and tried to prolong it as much as he could. He knew after that there was nothing left to do. His and Liam's room was clean other than making the bed but more than likely he'd end up there anyways.

He moved back to the sliding door to let Loki in after about 30 minutes which for the dog with the zoomies, left him exhausted. Zayn crouched down to hand the boy a treat and scrunched his nose up switching to his doggy voice.

"You smell like dog and morning air bub! Do you want a bath later tonight? Huh? That sound good?" He said as Loki attempted to lick up Zayns face. He chuckled as he was successful and kissed the top of his head. "Stinky!"

He turned to the stairs and made his way up back to the room. When entered he looked around making sure there was nothing else he could pick up. There was only his and Liam's shirts tossed on the floor. Both couldn't sleep with a shirt on so they always discarded them before knocking out. He picked those up and put them in the empty hampers he brought up from the loads before.

He sighed out because there was nothing more to do. Loki had already taken his place in his bed and was lightly snoring. He smiled at him as he went to his chest drawer. He dug a bit and pulled out his sketchbook for some designs. He hadn't touched the book since they left for LA and he wanted to see if anything would come up.

He opened the book to his next free page. Out of habit and routine he drew a figure first, After rough drafting the body out he tried his hand at sketching clothes around it. His brow knitted together as he lacked in coming up with something anything he tried was quickly erased as his thoughts become piled up.

The soft volume of the tv played on the background as he tore a sheet after erasing it too many times. He tried another figure out and grew more annoyed as the designs weren't coming to him like usual. The last blocks he had like this were probably during assignments, or exams when he was being tested on them. Other than that, sketching had always come naturally to him.

As a kid being surrounded by all the glitz and glamour of the fashion and modeling industry, he was always inspired. This combined with his vivid imagination from all the books he read really advanced his sense of creativity. He could read a book and as the author worded out what a specific character was wearing he'd get an idea and pull out a journal or piece of paper to visually see it.