Summer '09

A week later the couple invited everyone to a nice dinner to tell them the news about moving to LA. The only other person who knew about it was Louis since he'd be their realtor.

Liam brought him over to the house and told him the same day they found out the gender. He refrained from telling his friend the gender because Zayn wanted to tell everyone at the same time. He did tell him about their decision to move and asked if he could be their realtor.

Louis was shocked, but still congratulated the two. He gladly accepted their request for him to be their representative when it came to buying their first home together. Since Louis wasn't familiar with LA he did tons of research and even asked Chelsea for suggestions. Of course he left out the part about the couple he was looking for was them, but she'll find out eventually.

"You nervous?" Liam asked as he drove them to the restaurant downtown. His hand rested on top of Zayns thigh as his other hand gripped the steering wheel. He rubbed his thumb over the spot seeing as Zayn started to mouth his usual routine to calm his nerves.

As he made it back around the alphabet for the third time through, Zayn was interrupted by Liam's words. "Oh uhm yeah... I guess." He said raising his shoulders.

"It's okay to be nervous. We've been here our whole lives. I'm nervous too. Especially since we'll be announcing the gender." Liam offered an encouraging smile to him quickly as he focused back to the lane he was in.

Zayn smiled back and rested his hand a top of Liam's that was placed at his thigh. "Not about moving necessarily, or the gender Li... it's the fact that we are moving and I think our parents will have a heart attack. I mean we're taking a grandchild away to the states to be raised there. You know old Brit's and how they think." He said as a soft laugh came out.

"That's fair. I mean once my father knows why I'm sure he'll come around." Liam said with a hint of unsureness, and hope.

"Well yeah I guess, but our mothers and sisters are going to hate us. We're having a girl and that'll be my parents first grandchild." Zayn frowned. It was something he kept thinking about. Since he's always been a people pleaser deciding to move was a one of the few big choices he made on his own.

Falling in love with the boy he'd known his whole life was one. Even his parents or Liam's couldn't control that, regardless of that contract. The only other major decisions he made solely based on his own intentions were deciding to go to college, dying his hair with that blond streak, creating his own line, and choosing to become a parent with Liam. Other than that his career was literally based on what others wanted him to do or be.

"I know, I know... I'm not looking forward to mother griping me out about it. She'll offer the country house just to get us to stay I'm sure." Liam sighed as he referred to the family's English countryside manor.

Zayn giggled at all the fond memories he had of running around the halls and grounds of the estate. As he remembered back to summer '09, when he shared his first kiss with Liam. Their relationship, friendship, or whatever the heck it was at the time wasn't always tense. They had some good times.

An 8 year old Zayn sat on one of the low hanging branches of the massive willow tree by the pond in the gardens of the Payne's estate. Ironically he was reading "The Summer I Turned Pretty" since the first book in the trilogy was released that same year.

A then 11, almost 12 year old Liam worked on some footie drills bellow as he bounced his ball on his knee over and over trying to catch it between his shin and foot. Zayn had been brought out of his imaginary world as he read along with the sounds of the ball. He looked below to see his "Conrad."He gazed at the boy wondering if he'd ever notice him one day. Maybe, just like Belly in the novel, he'd have his summer glow up.