Early bird gets the french toast

"I did tell you Zayn." Liam said careful to not raise his voice. Ezra was already settled into the guest bedroom on the second floor below theirs. It was later in the evening so it was just them, Ezra, and Loki who was probably currently with Ezra. Niall, Louis, and Freddie all left hours earlier.

Liam let Ezra pick which room he wanted out of the many. He brought up the boys suitcase and promised that if he needed anything, he shouldn't hesitate to ask. Ezra unpacked, hung, and folded his clothes and placed the empty suitcase neatly in the closet.

They spent some time all together in the living room watching Netflix, and Ezra petting Loki mostly. A few yawns here and there signaled it was time to call it a night. So there they were. Having the conversation Zayn, didn't want to have.

"No you didn't. You only told me he'd be dropped off. I thought it meant just for the day." Zayn said as he put on a loose shirt. Usually he and Liam slept in only their underwear but with Ezra I'm the house it just didn't seem appropriate.

"Oh... I guess I forgot to mention that. Well are you upset that he's going to be here for the week or what?" Liam said picking out his clothes for the next day.

Zayn scoffed and turned around. "No why would I be upset? I'm just saying because you didn't tell me so it was a shock when Andy just left, leaving him with his suitcase at the doorstep. Do you want me to be upset at it or something, because I'm not."'

"Well I-" he sighed in frustration. "Sorry... I'm going to go downstairs for a snack." He walked out of the room. Zayn just sat on the bed and groaned. He knew Liam only said sorry just to please Zayn and end the conversation. There was something else bothering him that Zayn wanted to know but just let go.

When he came back Zayn was scrolling through tik toks as Liam held two small plates of the cheesecake, and his own slice of the French silk pie. His pouted like a little puppy dog as Zayn rolled his eyes and sat up. Liam climbed in bed sitting across from Zayn rather than along the headboard.

"I'm sorry Zee. I know I've been kinda hostile lately." He said poking at his slice.

"It's fine. I've been closed off... so how does this work? He's here for a week and then?" He asked scooping up some of the whipped topping Liam added into a heart.

"He stays this week, then Andy comes to check with him to see if he's comfortable with us." He said taking a slice of Zayns earning another eye roll.

"What about LA?" He asked.

"That's if he feels like staying with us, but same thing. After a week there Andy will come, check in with him, then see if he wants to stay. I'll sign papers and yeah." He moaned out of admiration of his slice. "You should make this more often."

"That's a big decision based off a week... maybe. Weren't you in a diet?" He intrigued as Liam retorted back.

"Aren't you?" He said as they both laughed. "Yeah it is, but he needs a home and quick. I think Andy's really just trying to do what's best.

"So what is he going to do? I mean I could take him to my fittings, plus I need to go to the college for some graduation things my teacher asked for, then there's some photo shoots... we can't really be seen with him till after this week right? I can't just call up my mom or yours to watch him. How are we even going to tell them?" Zayn said putting the finished plate on the nightstand.

"Can we just get through this week? I'm trying not to think about Geoff. I'll take him to the agency and just have him stay in my office." Liam contemplated.