Zayns brain game

It felt like Zayn blinked and suddenly it was the day of the baby shower. Life had been feeling like that for a while. Coming in and out of his own awareness of time. The days felt run of the mill. It was the same thing everyday.

He stood at the window looking down at the backyard set up. Everything came out so cute and he cracked a small grin. He couldn't believe they fit a ball pit and bouncy castle in the backyard. Maybe it's because he wasn't use to the area of green space of this home and he was use to their old townhomes yard.

He saw guests slowly trickling out onto the space as Liam came from their shared master closet. "Ready love?" He asked tightening the Rolex around his wrist. Liam was more of a watch type of guy, where as Zayn was an Apple Watch person himself.

"Yes." He smiled as Liam smiled fondly back at him. He held his hand out for him to grab as Zayn took it in his falling in step next to his husband. They descended the stairs as guests walking in fawned over their matching pink ensembles.

They continued to move further into the back yard as Zayn fell into his own thoughts again

They continued to move further into the back yard as Zayn fell into his own thoughts again. Saying hi to all the people in attendance, while still feeling like he wasn't even physically there. Each person they stopped and talked to felt like nothing but mumbles. Sometimes he questioned if he was even grateful for this life which he hated to feel that way.

When they reached the group of people outside in the backyard everyone cheered and bombarded them. Their families, friends, and coworkers all in the mix. Finally after answering questions and greeting everyone they got a chance to breathe as the crowd dispersed. Liam went over to Romain and some of guys that worked for him, while Zayn was practically tackled by two familiar voices.

"Zaynie!" Gigi squealed rushing over to him giving him tight squeeze.

"Hey Z! We missed you!" The taller one out of them engulfed him in a hug.

"Hey." He smiled sweetly. It had been a long time since he talked to them. "I miss you both too!" He hugged back. "How's New York?"

"How's New York? Uhmmm how's LA? You're the one with the drastic changes! Me and Ken lived in New York partially already. How's being a step dad? How's school?" She laughed him off. It was true though. He was the main one going through the change. At the mention of school Zayn almost stool a step back. He'd forgotten about school, much like he forgot a lot of things lately.

He chuckled but deep down felt so out of body. He didn't want anyone thinking anything was off so he played up his part to the girls. Internally he hated himself. Deeply. Why did he still feel this way? Why now? He questioned. Everything was perfect so why didn't it feel perfect.

Later on when he was around his family it made his anxiety even worse. His mom chiming in on how she would've done things differently with the shower, or his sisters nagging about when the next baby was coming. He didn't even know if he was ready for Aleena.