CHAPTER 9

The next morning Kelz was up at 4 am, she had a cuppa while checking emails and notes from the teams and updating some building sites. She wrote a note to the mayor asking what kind of new business he would like to see. She ordered supplies, and sorted deliveries. six teams had finished landscaping so she appointed them to other sites. She left a note for Kyle to work with Carrie on a site so she could be on hand to help if he needed it. As she was preparing breakfast for the family Polly and Winston came in.

Kelz says "Take a seat I have ya breakfast here, the water is hot if you want a hot drink. Today is gana be busy, don't tell anyone where you worked or what you did, can't give any clues away ok." They both nod their heads while eating. 

Winston says "Nanny what are we doing?"

Kelz says "I will explain as we go, beside you is a tablet each for taking notes etc, no one can break through the firewalls. Before we leave both of you in the office swap work boots and socks."

 As they were going down the lane Kelz chuckled and said: "Oh look Grampy is at the window seeing us off, our first stop is the camp you won't need ya tool belts there, as I have 2 teams starting and finishing the landscape today."

Polly says "He's really wondering what you up to Nanny."

Kelz says "He will be ok, you watch his face at the end of day three,"

Winston says "Grampy Roo is already anxious."

Kelz says "Gramps Dom is gana be moodier because I locked him down at home and he can't even ask Iris."

Winston says "Geesh Nanny that's harsh."

Kelz says "The most rewarding part will be seeing his facial expressions at the end."

Polly says "Nanny, is Aunty Jax really staying?"

Kelz says "Yes darling is that ok?"

Polly says "Yes, I didn't like going to her house when Uncle Troy was there he was always so mean to her when Ma and Pa weren't around, sometimes he would yell and hit her and she would always hide the pain. She was much happier when she stayed with us, especially when Uncle Ty was home."

Kelz says "How old were you?"

Polly says "It's always been this way, I was about 8yrs when I  caught him kissing another lady in his truck, when he saw me he told the lady to get out then he chased me. I ran to Aunty Joy's because it was close by. No, I didn't tell anyone I was scared he would do something to me."

Winston says "Two years ago he tried to force himself into her store I came up behind him and punched him in the head, I knocked him out then I rang Uncle Zac."

Kelz says "Did Simone not help Jax?"

Polly says "Not that I know of."

When they get to the campground they are greeted by the site leader, Kelz leads Winston and Polly through the cabins and new office then they get back in the truck. Polly says "Grampy Roo is gana have a heart attack."

Kelz says "We are going through all our businesses before 10 am."

Meanwhile back at the ranch Dom who had watched them leave went downstairs to finish preparing breakfast. Whispers walked in and started helping while Dom kept mumbling. James walked in saying "You know your gana love her surprise at the end and it's only 3 days. I'm sure there are plenty of fences or something that needs to be maintained."

Whispers said, "You could help Mitch make a very challenging course."

Dom says "That could be a way of payback." The more Dom thought about it the more he began to like it. After breakfast, he set out with Mitch on horseback.