Chapter 61

The next morning as everyone was coming down the stairs for breakfast Kelz said "For our retired housekeepers remember this is your home, when we come to visit please sit and have your meals with us, don't go hiding."

They were all a bit puzzled and Kelz said, "This is your home, not your workplace, you need not worry about money as I will continue to pay. If you have any issues or if you want to make changes just do it or send me a note."

Celeste says "What about uniforms?"

Kathy says "None of us wears uniforms, we wear whatever we are comfortable in, or what suits the weather, we work here but this is also our home so we treat it as our home. You will notice we don't vacuum as we have these robotic ones someone will come service them once a month and if they stop working then they get replaced."

Cecil says "I send Kelz a monthly inventory and she gets what we need everything gets delivered, the vehicles are there if we want to go out somewhere or do some shopping. Simmon the groundskeeper will keep all the tanks full. We have all our meals together whether the family are here or not."

Celeste says "It will take time for us to get used to this."

Kathy says "We can all go through the changes and things together."

As they enter the dining room Kelz says "The wee kids have their seating area, everyone else can sit anywhere, we are all equal, we are all family so let's enjoy our first meal together in this new home. Tomorrow ranch family when you come down for breakfast bring your packed bags and leave in the foyer ready to board the buses, this time tomorrow we will draw names out of the bucket, then we will head to our last adventure before heading home for dinner. When we leave here this morning we are making 2 stops, Donat will be getting off at a location for work and he will meet us when he is finished."

Barron says "You can drive soons you know where we're going."

After breakfast they boarded the buses and left the palace, Kelz stopped at Candace's home, and waited for Candace to return, while Donat stayed there. Then she went to Oasis house and said "Grandpa do you want to look inside?"

Nickolai says "Just a last quick look."

When Nickolai got off the bus Sophie, Eve and Caleb went with him Heath says "What's his plans Kelz?"

Kelz says "He's selling and splitting the money between Caleb and Eve." Kelz notices the look on his face and says "Sophie has the company and you have your shares which pays well with all her hard work, and the company will be growing even more next year, Caleb and Eve have nothing so this is Nickolai's way of giving all 3 of them something from his legacy."

Heath says "That's fair."

Candace says "You know this is right, you're not missing out on anything, and it's not as though you're getting nothing, unlike me who can't pay for anything because my job hasn't been paying so I quit."

Heath says "That's true, and I have more than enough for us to live on."

Candace says "That's a good boy, appreciate what you have and live in the moment."

Heath sighs and says "I'm trying."

Caz is sitting in the seat opposite them and says "We are all here to help. Heath, what are you fearing right now?"

Heath looks at Caz and Sam and says "To be honest I don't know, it's just the way I've always been, it's hard to describe, it's like the words Ava spoke are embedded in my head."

Caz says "Ma Candace can we swap seats for a minute? I just wanna try something, Pa Heath this won't hurt a bit, but you might feel me reaching into your head, it doesn't hurt it's like a wee flutter. Narcissists have a way of hypnotizing people the longer they stay together the more in-depth their words become, which is what has happened with Pa Heath, I'm going to shift and remove a couple of them and see what happens. Can you feel that wee pressure flutter?"