CHAPTER 28

On Thursday they went back to the ranch and showed Buster around while others got their things ready for work and school on Monday. In the evening after all the kids were asleep Buster's phone started ringing. Klez says "Everyone quiet."

Buster answers putting it on speaker Blocker says "Hey man how's things going?"

Buster says "Great, hows things there?"

Blocker says "A few changes for the better, only us young ones are left here so the Demons are moving closer and are going to help open a tattoo studio and teach us a few things. You were right we can't carry on living on benefits or the wee bit from the sales."

Buster says "Glad ya's finally saw the light, I hope everything works out. God speed brother."

Blocker says "Back at ya brother tell mama Rusty got a girlfriend but her cooking sucks she even burnt scrambled eggs and spaghetti."

Buster says "Her cooking sounds worse than Sue's."

Blocker says "Sue didn't destroy the kitchen, while that is getting fixed up we are all eating at the diner."

Rooster says "What's her name?"

Blocker says "Hey Pa, she drives in speedway her name is Cheryl Hackett."

Daniel says "Bright orange Superstock and bright orange street stock think she knows everything when she doesn't, both cars belong to her Pa, ask her if she's racing this season."

Blocker says "She said only if her rival Sunshine Childs is."

Daniel says "Tell her we will be there and make sure she enters the derby."

When they hung up Kelz says "Polly wana kick her ass?"

Polly says "Hell yes, that bitch really needs a beating but this will be fun."

Buster says "You know her?"

Kelz says "I am Sunshine, a couple of years ago Cheryl was talking herself up and trying to sleep her way to the top ranks. When things don't go her way she throws a huge tantrum to put all attention on her. Well, she rubbed up against Winny while he was waiting for Polz in the toilets."

Polly says "I came out she had her hands all over him and he was being nice asking her to leave him alone and was pushing her away. She went to scream and I covered her mouth and told her if she does that I will beat her so hard she wouldn't be leaving a hospital bed. I removed my hand from her mouth and she cried and screamed out rape, so I punched her and knocked her out. Winny dragged me away from her and when we reached the pits I asked Nan Kelz if I could take her place in the street car. I knocked her out of the race on the second lap and got myself a warning card."

Winston says "Polz had never driven the car before not even when they practice."

Blue says "Watch the screen."

A couple of hours later Buster says "Do you still drive those cars?"

Chris says "Yes but the cars aren't the same."

Buster says "How hard is it to drive in circles?"

Kelz says "Wana find out?"

Buster says "Hell yeah."

Chris says "I'll book the track."

Stella says "Mav and Caz will be there."

Opal says "Can't wait to see our granddaughter."

Mickey says "Maverick is one of our kids and Carrie is Opal and Daniel's daughter, they both race and Hillary travels everywhere with them."

Chris says "If we are all at the races we also enter in the teams racing."