CHAPTER 43

When they were nearly ready to unload the horses Kelz said "We will unload 2 trucks at a time, that way we can assess them and keep track, if they need further medical care put them in the smaller pen, we will do this in pairs, so one of us will check and call vitals while the other writes things down. The first thing is checking for a chip, then vitals, shoes etc."

Alfie backed up the first truck and said as he unloaded a mare "See how easy they are, and they not scared of a halter."

Tane says "Are they all like this?"

Jayden says "Yip except the young foals that just follow the rest."

Kelz says "Try keeping the foals with their mums and we will put them in this wee paddock."

Gemma says "Kelz are we taking blood?"

Kelz says "Yes we are, you will find everything in your black bag."

Gemma says "I love this it's been twelve years since I last did hands-on."

Dom says "Just like riding a bike."

Frank says "Where do those sheep farmers get their horses from? coz they can keep up with ya wilds."

Dom says "They are our mustangs, some we break for them, others they break themselves. They asked for our mustangs because they know the land better than anyone."

Matt sits on a fence and says "Wow what beauties, I need a new ride Jackass is retiring."

Kelz says "Wait till we start working with them."

Kevin says "What's with naming him that?"

Matt says "Well if we had a mule I would name him Malcolm."  

Kelz says "Back up the next 2 trucks and someone put some feed in the paddocks."

Carby walks over curiously and stands beside the fence Kelz says "Hello Carbon, you come to make new friends?" The horse started neighing and chattering at the other horses and some started talking back to him.

When they finished Kelz said, "Alfie what hay did you give them?"

Alfie says "Alfalfa." 

Kelz says "We will give them more of that along with the salted grains later, make sure they have plenty of water. Can someone pass me lunging gear. I'll start with this guy." 

As Kelz was lunging she tried steering him in different directions but he would only go one way. Then she says "Anyone want this trick lad?"

Colin says "I will make a call to my sister." Bailey also pulled his phone out.

Kelz put him aside and got another horse, when the schoolkids arrived home they stood by the fences and watched quietly. Sam suddenly yelled out "Fuck sakes cut it out." Everyone turned to look over, every time he bent over to lift the horse's leg to do a shoe it nudged his butt and turned away making out it didn't do anything.

Kelz says "I want her when you're done. Bailey just ask if anyone was training for them and Colin tell Maria to come here. Move family horses to the other big paddocks, Mares and foals go to the paddock by Tane's and we'll split the rest into categories."

 Suzie says "I'll move the mares and foals."

Bev says "I'll get the signs and put on the gates then I'll help Suzie."

Bailey says "Rodeo family gana broadcast at the start of tomorrow's show because they have no idea."

Colin says "My family are on their way."

Alfie says "All our families are coming Kelz."

Tane says "Revvy grab all the signs because this one is dressage."