CHAPTER 39

When they pulled up at the ranch and parked Chelsea ran over with Lisa calling out "Grandad's home."

Matt picked them up saying "Chelsea darling how was school? Hello Lisa."

Chelsea says "Much better, I don't get bullied anymore. Aunty Sonya, may we help feed the pandas? This is my best friend Lisa she's completely deaf."

Sonya says "Yes you may, would you like to see how we train them?"

Chelsea says "Yes please."

Sonya says "Let's go before our dinner."

Kelz says "Before you run off, go and ask Anya, Lilly and Lynda if they want to help you." As she leaves Kelz says "Lisa's Pa is our Mayor Donald and his wife Val, Lisa's brothers Arnold and Barry will be in the gym."

Kevin says to Frank "I know Uncle Matt is close to Kelz but I didn't know their relationship was this close."

Matt says "Kelz's Gran was a dear friend to Whispers and I and one of the best all-around SAR people I ever had the pleasure of working with and knowing personally. Marian would bring Kelz along and she would sit with me in the tent and listen and learn, sometimes she would give me her input. Then she wanted to learn everything, so we taught her, and she ended up exceeding her Gran."

Sonya says "Kelz does Lisa sign?"

Kelz says "Yes she's been learning since she was 3 years old, Chelsea has been learning so she can talk to her. There is a story there and they might tell you or ask Blue to put it on later."

Kevin says "Granny Mar was Kelz's Gran?"

Matt says "Yes."

Kevin laughs saying "I used to ask Uncle Matt if they were dating, she taught me SAR when I was young."

Matt says "That's right and she taught Frankie."

The girls join them and Sonya and Gemma crouch down to their level and they sign as well as talk to introduce themselves. Lisa signs and Chelsea says "We tried to find them to show my brothers but they were hiding." Then they walk away Sonya signs and says "Let's go get their food."

Richard says "My wife is loving it here, she doesn't get much time out of the office to be hands-on like this. Before we became managers we were doing what Sonya, Frank and Kevin do and I know she misses working with people."

As they walk inside Kelz says "What are your future plans when you finish at the zoo?"

Kevin says "I was gana move in with Uncle Matt when he gets elderly age so he's not alone and help him with things."

Frank says "I was gana move back to the city, and either help or open an animal shelter."

Richard says "Gemma has been looking at other jobs, as she hates being stuck in the same 4 walls every day. We have no particular plans except finding new jobs before we decide."

A female voice came through the mindlink saying "I don't make plans, I go where I'm needed." Kelz says "Sonya?" "Yip it's me, I am from your castle, like Daz that life wasn't for me." "kelz says "Holy shit." Sonya says "My parents are Penelope and Gerome." "My sister Roza's cousins." Sonya says "Oh wow really?" "Yes, really Gerome's and Roza's mums were sisters, Roza's Ma was born without a wolf so she moved to the city and lived with humans." "Think we all need to talk later." "Yes, we will the whole family are like me except Matt he's still undecided but he knows.."

Kelz says "Our empire is large, I even start up new businesses for family if they bring me ideas of what our town needs, I am currently in the process of buying and taking over the woollen mill in Peterberg"