Chapter 96

When they stopped for breakfast Kelz stood and said "Thank you everyone for your swift work keep eating while we talk, for those still waiting for their homes we will be finished by lunchtime. Has the school and dorms been finished?"

Sam stands and says "They will be finished and fully furnished this morning."

Kelz says "Are the wards finished?"

Sonya stands and says "With much thanks to my Aunts and Uncle, yes and they have all been re-enforced."

Kelz says "How're our stocks?"

Polly stands and says "We have plenty Nanny."

Kelz says "Has the dungeon finished?"

Roo stands and says "Yes sister."

Kelz says "Outposts?"

Fly says "Will be finished this afternoon as well as the traps."

Kelz says "After breakfast, my teams are gana be busy. After 8:30 am no one will be in the palace the kids will be in school or kindy or at the new creche, all adults and all kids over 5 years are to be at the training grounds. Paulie, Roza, Adrian, Dimitri and Ivan will be standing with me. Yesterday 2 people approached me when you all left court. If you want to talk you may do so, or wait till later for a private talk."

Donny and Tanz stood and he said "We have been here 3 days, and in these 3 days we have many concerns for our home that we left behind. Why was it so easy for the strigori to get past the wards? Why was no one in the outposts? Why is no one patrolling the perimeter that we used to run 3 times a day? We have so many questions and none of them are good."

Tanz says "Amongst the walls and halls many of you have been whispering about what will happen if this carries on, and I can tell you now that without the help from Kelz and her family, you will all be dead by the end of tonight. How many of you can defend yourselves? Only the Dhampir if it weren't for us you vamps wouldn't be able to have babies, so there would be no more of your bloodlines that you all hold dear. You expect us to protect you while you hide in tunnels of the confines of the safe areas, you expect us to feed and clothe you while you sit and take our money and pay us with our own money. You expect us to protect your homes and all the land here while you all hide and do absolutely nothing to help. This is just some of our reality and we can't continue to live this way. Sorry, Kelz."

Kelz says "Thank you both very much and if you look around my family they are feeling and sharing your emotions."

Adrian stands and says "These problems have been brought up many times since we were all school kids and no one listened to us, just as the council and others still haven't listened to us over all these years."

Kelz says "This is why I fired them all, and I will be announcing new members at dinner time, the structure, rules and other things will be changing as of today."

A young teen stands and says "My name is Paul Samoyed I'm a 13-year-old vampire, is it OK to ask a question?"

Kelz says "Go ahead Paul everyone has the right to free speech and to be heard."

Paul says "Thank you, many of us have magic with one or 2 elements, and we have been asking this question for a while but none of the teachers would listen."

Kelz says "Baz Jr and Lucus stand beside him and give him courage and support."

Baz stands and walks over saying "Sure Nanny, I am Baz, we are 15 years old."

Lucus says "No need to be shy around our family we all just talk no formalities or anything. If we as kids don't ask questions how do we learn if what we are learning is correct or wrong?"