CHAPTER 21

Kelz says "When did your brothers start having problems with their wives?"

Ezra says "Same question I asked the kids, started when my brothers brought up divorce nearly 3 yr ago. Ben said Sara started getting nasty took their phones and landline off the hook, and accused Pattrik of cheating when she was caught with another man in their bed. Paul said, Amelia started throwing things around the house not caring what she broke. They said their Ma's would meet up and tell the younger kids lies about their Pa's making them scared of everyone, or they would argue in front of the kids and start name calling etc in a way of making the kids think that it was ok. They broke and threw out all the toys and things or gave away, they don't know what happened to their clothes, shoes, school stuff, or the game machines."

Chelz says "Seems like things started going bit by bit so that no one would notice."

Ezra says "That's what I thought. Ben, Lucus and Paul would have their lunch together and talk about things every day. They even tried to make plans to run away with the other 3 because they weren't leaving them behind. I tried many times talking to my brothers and getting them to leave with the kids, but they always gave in to their wives to keep the peace."

Fly says "Zac how are they doing in the cells?"

Zac says "Sara and Amelia screaming and abusing the house down, so I put them in the soundproof isolation cells. Pattrik and Abe are quiet they have spoken to their lawyers and have been asking to see Ezra."

Ezra says "I have been listening and helping them since before they had kids, I've had enough I can't do it anymore. They say sorry etc, and went to counselling but the cycle never ends. When I saw the videos and photos of Chelsea on the stage that took the last straw for me. Abe is a drunk who expects things to come to him for free and Pattrik works but he gambles everything away. I have helped by paying debts, mortgage payments, their vehicles, food etc for the kids and I have all the receipts, the drug receipts I made out to IOU."

Caz says "What if we put them in rehab?"

The teens walk in and Ben says "Over the years they have all been in and out of rehab it did nothing not even after detoxing. We tried to hide things by looking after the wee kids and still go to school every day to try to keep things normal."

Paul says "When things got unbearable we would sleep with the kids outside in our parent's cars or we would take blankets and a tent and go to the park always being home before they got up. Before Chelsea got bullied I tried using my phone to ring Ezra to ask for help or advice but my Ma had a tracker thing on it and took the phone."

Lucus says "Not long after that our Ma stomped into our room and demanded our phones. Ben refused so she hit Lilly across the face leaving a bruise and the next day her eye was black we took her to the hospital and told a lie, it also made Ben hand the phone over."

Ben says "I had the top marks in all my classes but now I'm getting all D's. I put my work aside to help the kids and then it just became a routine."

Kelz says "I will help you get ahead. You 3 are old enough to make ya own decisions, where and who do want to live with?" They all point at Ezra.

Kelz says "Bugs your home is too small for you all. So you will stay here while we build yous a new home. All I need from you boys is what colour walls etc you want, and is it made of logs, brick, concrete, weatherboard, etc?"

Ben says "I like neutral colours and mosaic brick."

Paul says "I was gana say black everything so I can hide. But I like blues."

Lucus says "I like red and gold, and brick."

Ezra says "I'm gana need another job and thanks how am I to repay?"