45. Hurts so good

Do comment :)

*******************

There are a few calls from his father which Manik missed answering, obviously busy with whatever that is happening. So there was a text that came in, "Son, we won. They dropped the case and all the charges against you, your license will be back soon" and Manik just dumbly stared at the message.

He has no idea what to do, his job for which is crying all these days, he finally got it back. But the amount of happiness he should be feeling right now is nowhere present, he is clueless. 

He doesn't feel the same anymore.

Manik just sat there and kept staring at the door, in case, the younger will come back to him with a huge smile saying that all of this is just a prank to make him say I love you to her. 

She will say that she is kidding with a lovable giggle of hers and will fall back into his arms where Manik is going to hold her tight, within the whispers of I love yous and sorrys, he will kiss her. Deeply. Holding her tighter, so that, Nandini will never leave him. Even if it is as a joke!

But no, as the time passed and their home filled with the darkness, still she didn't come back.

He looked around their house, the decoration is still fresh, a cake in her favorite red velvet flavor is sitting in the fridge and the food he had prepared, all of those dishes are sitting on the kitchen table, cold and untouched. 

He did nothing about those, couldn't care about other things except for Nandini.

Manik saw Nandini leaving so many times, going out with her friends or leaving for her job, or just going to buy something or so. But this is the first time, he hated to see her leaving. 

His tears are dried up, and he is there on the floor, kneeling down for how long he doesn't know before he fell back and sat on the floor. His phone notifications are going on and on, he couldn't get himself to give a damn about it.

And it was his bloody birthday, and for the first time in his life, he was looking forward to celebrating it. Even if it means compensating Nandini for ruining the dinner she arranged last night. 

Manik never cared about his birthdays or anyone's, but he can clearly say that this is his worst birthday ever. Nothing can top this. 

He didn't cried even when he lost his license, he didn't begged anyone in his life till now. And today Manik did both of them, for Nandini, to stop her from leaving.

But as the night darkened, Manik realized that Nandini is not going to come back to him.

The night passed just like that as Manik sat in his home, all alone and darkness embraced him, leaving him with a piercing coldness. 

Nandini didn't come back. She didn't call or message him. By now, everyone got to know that he is proven innocent and his license will be back, still, there is nothing from the younger.

Manik couldn't find himself moving, his home doesn't look like his anymore. 

There is Nandini everywhere, at every corner of the house, her touch is everywhere. She left so many traces.

She left. She left. Nandini left him. She left. Manik murmured to himself like a broken recorder, thinking again and again that if anything of this will make sense. 

It didn't. Nothing made sense. 

He never saw the younger so broken yet so stubborn before, there was dreaded calmness he felt. She is so determined to leave him that Nandini didn't cared if Manik is saying I love you or crying or begging her not to leave. No, she ignored all of this. Which is not her. And left him. So coldheartedly.