31. Autumn Leaves

It was hard tracking that culprit but finally, they did. They caught the criminal. It was not some string operation but they had wired so many traps to catch this guy. And at last, they did it. 

He is a criminal who murders people in thier homes and stoles their things, leaving them dead. It is a big case. They were working on this for the last two months, day and night. Tonight, they caught him hiding in a cheap motel. First, he tried to run away but the officers were much quicker. 

So, they handcuffed him and pushed him inside their police jeep.

On a highway, when they are on their way to reach the police station to put this criminal behind bars, that guy started gasping. 

It was sudden. 

He was gasping like he is out of breath, uttering some words which are difficult to understand. The Chief Officer is in front, with the driver. And the Junior officer is with him, in the back. After seeing that guy gasping like he is about to die, he went near him to check his pulse. And that's when that criminal started attacking him. Even though his hands are in handcuffs, he fought with the officer.

They didn't stop the jeep like the criminal wanted, they didn't give him a chance to run away. So, the officer fought back but that criminal started attacking the driver. With his hands around the driver's neck, strangling him, chocking him to death with the handcuffs. The Chief and other officer tried to pull him back, but this guy didn't budge.

And their driver lost control, he couldn't drive while someone is choking him to death. 

With that, their Jeep turned in an opposite direction, steering going wild. Both the officers were pushed to the windows because of the unstable driving and as the driver fought back, their jeep went directly and collided with a huge traveling deluxe bus that is coming towards them.

It's a highway and that too, nighttime. So, the bus is coming at high speed and the driver didn't have a chance to hit the break. 

No one has time to avoid it, the next second, another bus which is following the first one. Coming at the same speed, it crashed into them.

It's a major accident.

Two traveling deluxe sleeper A/C seated buses with 44 passengers each and one police van with three police staff and a criminal who caused all of this.

~

Right after getting the call from Chief Nurse's number, Nandini and Manik didn't waste a minute more. She quickly grabbed her phone and bag while Manik did the same too.

Manik is driving, it's already 10 PM and the roads are a little free. Nandini is with him, sitting in the passenger seat. 

She is going through the news from her phone, watching the video about the accident that news channels are telecasting. Just to get some information, while hearing the news, Manik can tell this is a huge accident and the news reporter is saying that there are so many people died while the rescue team still searching for passengers who got stuck in between bus seats.

By the time they reached the hospital's parking lot, it was already filled with chaos. 

Police. Rescue teams. Emergency staff. Sirens. People crying. Injuries. Blood. Kids. Media. Security.

Ambulances going in and going out with loud sirens, injured patients being taken on stretchers, and a lot of people are here, searching for their family members. But their priority is treating patients, so for now, the security team is clearing them aside to let the patients go in first.