34. By My Side

Ignore any typos. Do comment your views, I like reading them :)

********

As Nandini expected, when they arrived they were one of the guests to arrive a little late, at least when compared to their hospital staff. 

It's a royal five-star hotel party, everything is arranged perfectly from lighting to the drinks. It all looks expensive and the somber music in the background makes the place more pleasant, so many people are here already. VIPs, their hospital trustees, sponsors, and so many others.

Manik's hand is still on her waist as he gestured for her to walk further into the hall. 

Nandini tried to look everywhere as if she has no idea that they are getting so many stares from the others. She can feel them and she knows mostly it's because of her boyfriend. And when she looked at him, Manik looked so relaxed with a faint smile on his face, he looks effortlessly handsome.

Zain recognized them first as Nandini looked for her friends, he gestured to them to come there. 

Zain is standing with Mukti, his hand resting on her shoulder comfortably as she seems to be in deep talk with Cabir. Navya is also there, with a drink in her hands, talking furiously with Aryaman who has a bright smile on his face.

With Manik, Nandini started walking towards her small gang. 

Zain and Mukti, both of them are dressed in classic suits but his one has a masculine structure whereas Mukti's suit is more on the feminine side. But they both compliment each other so well, together look so attractive. Total couple goals.

Navya is in a saree, very simple yet so beautiful just like her, and beside her, Cabir is in more of a formal black suit. Aryaman is dressed in a casual blazer, looking carefree just like his personality.

"Finally you guys are here", Zain exclaimed loudly and hugged Nandini, then Manik. Only Zain is able to hug Manik, others just smiled and he shook hands with Cabir.

Whereas Nandini got tight hugs from her gal friends, whispering compliments and hyping each other, giggling among them.

"I had to go to the hospital before coming here, that's why", Manik answered to Zain's question as in why they got here so late.

Navya sighed, "Manik, at least today you could've taken it easy", she said with a sympathetic gaze.

Manik just shrugged casually and so Nandini replied, "It was last minute emergency!"

When they were talking, Aryaman came in suddenly who is till now busy with speaking to someone else. "Damn Manik, you look hot", he said excitedly with a wink which did nothing but confused Manik.

Anyways Manik plainly accepted the drink he got offered and replied, "I'm taken".

Aryaman made a disapproved grunt and Nandini coughed to get his attention, "You look good too, Murthy", with that he came forward and hugged her. 

Nandini hugged him back saying thank you and complimenting him with a smile, it's been a long since they met. She kinda missed having his bright energy around her.

But Nandini felt someone else's hand on her elbow nudging her back towards himself, breaking her and Aryaman apart. She felt Manik's possessive hand once again sneaking to her waist as he dragged her close to him, "Sorry bro, she is taken too", he simply answered.

And all of them laughed as Aryaman stared at Manik baffled and commented, "You just bro-zoned me, argh, I hate couples", he said with a pathetic look which made Nandini laugh out loud once again.