10. You're so cold

Do appreciate my work. Please, it helps a lot.

*****

"Do you love me?"

Earlier when Nandini without thinking much went to touch Manik's forehead just to check his temperature but never has she thought this will be such an awkward position. 

He is sitting straight on the couch and Nandini leaned as held her hand and asked her that question. It was such a romantic question yet very much personal to ask but the look in his eyes is saying otherwise. 

His hawk eyes are looking at her intensely as if she destroyed his favorite toy.

"What?" Nandini managed to say as her brain went blank and she didn't know what is going on.

Manik left her hand harshly and she immediately corrected her posture by standing straight in front of him, while he leaned back and scowled, "Or are you trying to get into my good books by doing all of this?" there's that nasty and scary look back on his face when he stared right back at her.

Typically Nandini should get angry at his stupid question because after all everything she did is just a good deed with no expectations and he should be polite to her instead of behaving like this. 

But now she can see what is going on or at least why is he behaving like this, he is questioning her like this because he doesn't expect anything from anyone and now that she helped him, it is making him uncomfortable.

Nandini took a breathe and said, "Listen, Dr. Manik, when you're suffering, you are allowed to rely on others. It's not a crime. It's kindness, you need to fill your heart with it or else you will just end up like an insensitive emotionless jerk", she said with a stern voice and didn't even quiver a bit though it amazes her as she is saying all this stuff when their profession is a doctor and it's all about kindness.

Hearing her Manik showed no emotion though now he is not scowling at her anymore, he just continued having his coffee. 

He is ignoring her without even bothering to pretend, it's his best defense. 

Nandini knows that he is really good at ignoring her and just act like nothing happened but no, today this is not how things will end. It will be according to her because this time she is on the right path, so she is not going to accept this, and frankly even she herself doesn't know how she got this much confidence.

Maybe Nandini is not trying fully to understand, that's why or he is stubborn, she thought and said, "I know it might be hard to trust others, but at least trust me, after all, I'm your personal slave. My duty is to look after you", and gave him her bright smile. 

She remembered how he used to taunt her all the time like he got a free slave just because he agreed to act as her fake boyfriend and she is too easy. And now, she called it herself, wow, too much for self-pride, her brain mocked at her. No, she is not going to think all of this, now her main focus is changing her senior's perspective on things.

That must have affected him as Manik grinned a little and stood up towering her in height, then flicked her forehead lightly saying, "Waah..Calling yourself a slave? You're hopeless". He rolled his eyes when she smiled back like a stupid instead of getting insulted by his taunt.

Her senior sighed as he said never mind to himself and then went inside to lay down on his bed.

Nandini smiled at herself proudly as she walked into his kitchen, it looks like he didn't have his breakfast yet. She quickly took some bread to toast and then continued to make orange juice in the meanwhile. After making juice she realized he just had his coffee and then felt stupid looking at the juice, so she stored it in his refrigerator, of course with a sticky note as it seems he lives alone and doesn't care much.