24. Demons

To all the people who asked Manik's pov before, here it is. Kinda. I tried my best. 

Please do comment and vote, thank you :)

**********

Manik Malhotra very well knows what will happen once they finish their job. They will not leave him and others that easily. There is absolutely no guarantee for their lives even after saving their boss. 

After all, these people are goons who kill others for money but currently, most of them are either wounded or tired. And their boss's life is in his hand. They will have no other choice but to obey his words. 

At least, for now.

And his first priority is to save Nandini, somehow he has to get her away from these people. 

Maybe then, his mind will start thinking rationally about saving himself too. Because from the moment they got Nandini and till now, his mind is on fire thinking about how to save her instead of thinking about himself or anything else for that matter. He knows something bad may happen to her but he doesn't even want to think about it. 

Manik is not scared that easily but the thought of anything that may happen to her scared him the most.

It's like he has no other option, he has to save her. 

No matter what, Manik has to save her.

And that's what he is going to do, he will save her, she will live, he assured himself with that.

If before he had any hope that these people will stand by their words, that hope completely disappeared into dust when the gang leader shot that injured guy without batting his eye. Now, Manik is sure of their fate. 

These people are ruthless and dangerous.

It took them some time to convince these thick-headed people to move their boss from this stinky den to their medical camp. Manik is nervous and he can hide his emotions well but Nandini doesn't. 

She is very transparent with her emotions and he can see how scared she is. But she getting panicked when these goons helped them moving the patient, it's enough distraction for all of them. He intentionally made sure Nandini moves first with the patient while he took his time in closing the first aid box. 

Everyone is busy and distracted, some are helping in carrying their boss while some are guarding, making sure there are no surprise attacks.

Manik intentionally dropped the medical kit and immediately bend down to pick all the stuff, that leader muttered "Hurry up" with a curse and left to make sure his boss is guarded well. 

That's when Manik took his chance, he quickly grabbed the nearest gun he could find from the goon who is dead probably. Then swiftly he hid that gun on his back supporting it with his belt and covered it with his shirt. 

They already checked him on the bus, so his safe bet is that they won't check him again.

Then Manik carried on as if nothing happened, helped with arranging the operation bed and medical equipment. Even when he changed into his surgical scrubs and gloves, the gun is still with him, it's weight uncomfortable but somewhat assuring.

And Manik knows very well that a gun alone will not be enough to save his team and Nandini. 

If anything happens to their boss or they failed to save his life, these people will kill him and Nandini without thinking for a second. 

And that's why he made sure Nandini doesn't do any major help during the operation. Manik wants these people to know that he is the one who is most important here and he is the one who did the operation. He is already aware of the leader who is watching everything sitting close by, so he wants that Leader to think that Manik is responsible for everything.