55. This Time The Dream's On Me

Thanks to all the readers, we got first in the top ten India Wattpad list. 

Also thanks to my dear friend Bhumi who made this poster, 

Lastly, happy Diwali :)

**************

"Manik, is it true?"

The said man didn't even bother to turn back as he was busy arranging his things, "About what? I need context", he replied casually.

Shreya looked at her son who looked like he didn't care about a thing, she walked closer to him, "I got a call from your father, are you seriously leaving your career?" she walked up to Manik to look at him closely.

Manik was reminded of the call he had last night with his father, for the first time in his life, he had a long discussion with his father as Karan continued to convince him otherwise. Karan was not okay with his son's decision but failed to change his mind. 

"Yep", saying that he walked over kitchen, Fatima already come in the morning and he told her she can take all the groceries in his kitchen with her as he wouldn't be home for a while.

"Are you sure?" her questioning voice lacked the self-confidence.

Manik cleaned up all the stuff in his kitchen and standing on the other side of the kitchen slab, he looked at his mother who looked awkward at his home even though she had been here multiple times now. 

But still, that actress dressed in all black like a robber and fiddling with a black mask in her hand made him lose all interest. She can't even visit her own son normally without hiding her face.

During the last visit, Shreya did acted like a trigger to him in revealing the reason behind his break up, so that may cool his anger with her but still, Manik doesn't want to be like her.

He poured fresh juice into the glass and pushed it towards his mother, "Frankly speaking, I don't know why it took me this long but now that you're in front of me. I'm more serious about it", he said to his mother.