50. Break My Heart Again

Damn...50 chapters, thanks for waiting and supporting me. The angst is going to be over soon, bear with me.

Also I'm not going to allow anyone curse Nandini, she is my baby and you have to fight with me first.

Please do comment as I will be waiting to read them. Happy reading :)

*****************************

The first thing Nandini felt was comfort. 

It was a little cold and when she snuggled into the furry duvet, she felt the huge bliss that's been missing these days. This is so peaceful, this bed cushion is excellent, and the pillows, smell of her favorite scent, the one that usually comes from Manik. Hugging the pillow tight, she smiled in her sleep, this is the best. 

This is her comfort zone. 

The bed at the hospital dorm or at her Pg room doesn't feel this good. No, this one is perfect, just like she is used to.

It took a minute for her to register then she opened her eyes slowly and Nandini realized she is alone in the bed. As she stared at the ceiling for a minute, Nandini got up from the bed suddenly and sat up straight with the blanket pooling on her lap. 

This is their bedroom. 

And Nandini is wearing his grey hoodie that's so soft and warm against her skin. Apart from that, she is wearing nothing. 

Nandini felt the panic rushing in, she kicked the blankets away and stumbled her way to the bathroom. Then she locked the door tightly. 

The younger stood in front of the bathroom mirror, staring at herself. Her hair is a mess, there are marks all over her, she is a mess. But she can't blame him. She clearly remembers what happened yesterday. 

No, Nandini was not that drunk. She was just a little tipsy and tired due to overworking herself in the hospital. That wine bottle, she is not the one who finished it, she doesn't even know why the empty bottle was there. But when Manik asked her, she just had to trigger him, so she told him she drank all of it. So dumb of her.

This is not a mistake. 

She can't blame Manik, no, she is the one who asked for it. Manik just did what she asked, she wanted him. 

All these days, whenever Manik came near to her, he got to touch her or hug and kiss her. She never stopped him. 

But there was also this insane urge Nandini felt whenever he got close to her, to pull him towards her and hold him back tighter, not to let him leave her. Nandini resisted it all these days, not allowing herself to do anything in that sort. 

And last night, she failed. It felt so good when she kissed him finally and then she passed out. All these days, being so strong and trying not to break, one kiss from him made her feel so comforted. 

The way he carried her, she missed his warmth.

The way he looked at her, she missed his unwavering gaze. 

The way he whispers gently, she missed his deep husky voice. 

The way he touched her, she missed his alluring touches. The way he kissed her, she missed his tempting lips. 

She missed everything. It's insane. 

But Nandini shouldn't do this, she can't be with him. What if her grandfather knows this again? What if he harms Manik or his parents again? She is such a fool, a pathetic one at that. She failed to resist him despite knowing that she can't be with him. She shouldn't do this. 

What if Narayana Murthy misunderstands and thinks that she didn't break up with him? What will she do? What if his license gets canceled again? No, that's a real nightmare for him.