23. You can run

Vote and Comments[especially inline comments] are my fav notifications. Thanks :)

******

Nandini felt like her heart will stop beating any time when that scary guy yanked her away from her seat and announced to all that she should save his boss. 

She wanted to cry out, wanted to yell at him that she is not capable of doing that. She wanted to run away from this guy so that he can never lay a hand on her. It felt like her throat got dry and no sound came out of her. As if her own body betrayed her.

But when she saw her Senior voluntarily giving himself away and in the process, pissing these people, even more, made her feel alive. 

Now, she wants to yell at Manik not at these people. Why the hell is he sacrificing himself for her sake? 

It's the most stupidest thing he ever did in his life.

At that moment, Nandini wanted to go with these people if it means that she can save others and her senior. It felt like she is again breathing and she has to do this.

But idiotically, Manik is thrown under the bus with her and Nandini wants to shout at him to go away, to save himself. But no, his face is blank as they both got out of the bus with the goons. 

She tried to make eye contact with her senior, but no, he is not even trying to look at her. 'Cause Manik is busy looking at Navya while stepping down.

Nandini nudged him forcefully as she whisper-yelled at him "Why can't you stay silent?", she is angry with him.

Manik looked at her with disturbing silence, glaring at her for the stupid question. But he said nothing in response, as her hands are still tied, this time, Nandini elbowed him roughly "Answer me", she demanded him.

"Then what? You expect me to leave you alone with these people?" Manik said back in a low voice as his tone is filled with anger and disbelief. "Never", he added in the last. 

And Nandni went silent as she didn't know how to respond.

Having enough of their secret bickering, the guy who looks like their gang's leader, the one with whom Manik argued earlier, pushed both of them towards the opposite direction of their bus. Not before they untied their hands to get the medical supplies. 

It's pitch dark outside and in a couple of minutes, they reached a place as a little den tucked away among huge trees and bushes. 

As they got inside, Nandini got shocked to see so many people laying here and there with injuries and blood gushing out of their bodies. All probably dead by now. It seems like there was an attack that happened and so many are dead, it's a very disturbing image and Nandini doesn't want to remember any of these.

Her Senior stroll by her side confidently while she tried not to look at the dead people and not to step on their blood. 

This whole den smells a mixture of blood and gun powder. And when they're walking inside, suddenly someone held her ankle from the backside, stopping her. 

Nandini literally got frozen as she looked at a guy who is laying on the floor with his clothes covered in blood and eyes dropping low, he held her foot as if asking for help.

She immediately kneeled down with her first aid box, opening it, and shouted "This man is still breathing". And it means they can still save him. 

But before Nandini can even look for that guy's wounds, the gang's leader, the one who took them here, came and shoot that guy straight in the head. 

Nandini sat there in shock as that guy's blood splashed on her clothes and her ears ringing with the bullet sound. She wants to cry so badly.

"You're here to save my boss, not for these fuckers", the leader spatted at her as he forcefully made her stood up, but Manik stepped in middle pushing Nandini behind him. He is shielding her with his body and she still can't stop thinking about what just happened.