28. Let me know

Sorry for the late, I'm not that talented writer. It takes me days to think, organize my thoughts, then write and write, edit, read, delete and write, like that process repeats.

Your votes and comments are very much appreciated, thanks :)

**********

Right after her evening shift, Nandini went to her house at some odd hours. She really wanted to crash at the hospital dorms, but she had no sparring clothes for the next day. 

The only reason, why she comes here. To dump her dirty clothes and pack some fresh clothes, get a goodnight's sleep, then just get the hell out of here in the morning. That's what she is been doing since she started working. 

And it's peaceful like that.

Seeing Nandini's car, the watchman who was dozing off rushed to open the gate, and she parked her car at the front place as she will be the one who will leave first tomorrow. She just took a glance, her car looked so far better among those white huge SUVs and costly cars with her mother's political party stickers.

To Nandini who loves cars and driving, what an eyesore!

At this hour, usually, no one is awake and if they heard her coming, their housekeeper will come to greet her and inquire about her needs. She walked in making sure not to bother anyone, she stepped into the living room wearing her inside slippers.

Nandini is about to go straight to her room, but got interrupted, "Isn't it too late for a girl to come home?"

She turned back only to see her mother Renuka sitting on the couch with a glass of wine and there are some papers in front of her. 

Nandini whined internally as she turned towards her mother, "Since when did you started worrying about my timings?" she retorted back because it's been too long since they met each other in their own house.

 It's too big and her mother is always busy, first, she used to force Nanidni to attend some events with her but she stopped once Nandini made a deal with her.

Their deal, Renuka will not let others know about their relationship at her workplace and Nandini will not move out of this house. 

Because once Nandini got the job, she was about to move out but then her mother stopped her from doing so. So, Nandini made this deal. 

And the younger did find a loophole where most of the time she choose to stay at the hospital than coming to this place. But then her mother also broke the deal a few days back when she came to the hospital and announced their relationship. 

Nandini stopped her from letting the media also know about it, only the staff and Dr. Rajeev knows.

"I didn't but then you went on that stupid camp and found yourself in trouble", Her mother said as she stopped reading those papers and looked at her daughter.

Nandini scoffed.

Stupid camp? Trouble? 

She and her whole team got nearly killed, their team's charge, Manik got out of the death situation. And here, her mother calls it a 'trouble'. Yes, trouble for her. A mere discomfort. 

If not, she won't even bother to check on her.

As Nandini stood there unapologetically, Renuka continued, "And then I got to hear a ton of lectures about how to keep my child within limits from my father", her voice sharp and steady.

That explains why her mother made such a huge scene at the hospital. From childhood, Nandini did not have a good rapport with her maternal grandfather. He hated Nandini's father and never treated him right, so Nandini also hated her grandfather.