4. Long night

Before you read, please keep in mind that everything is fictional and ignore if there are any mistakes as I'm not an expert.

---------------------

Nandini Murthy always played safe in her life whether it is her personal feelings or studies or deciding what to do or what to wear. She is not the one who is impulsive and reckless. For her, everything should be simple and something that will not let her standout. She likes being in shade and she does not give up that easily. 

Yes, she is a strong independent woman who loves her profession but before that, she is just a girl who is afraid of things going out of her control. 

Things that may break her heart. 

And that's why she has never fell in love with anyone, well that's what she used to say to herself when rejecting someone. Because love just never happened to her. Not like they show in films or dramas, nope, reality is different. 

Here, everything is not butterflies and rose petal showers.

But for her, Dr. Manik is different. He is her senior during her medical college, he is good at everything, he has everything, and he is very talented. Wherever he goes, he stands out like it is just that his presence screams people's attention to give into their curiosity in order to know this guy better. 

But even though Manik has everything, he doesn't take everything, he doesn't care about his looks or about people praising him. No, he just minds his own business, but he stands up for the truth and justice when time demands. 

And that's how she met Manik for the first time. 

When second-year seniors were ragging her on her first day in University, when she was on the verge of crying that's when Manik came. He walked into the room and talk with his juniors, taught them a strict lesson about staying in limits or else he warned them that he would drag all of them to the principal's office. He told them that little fun is allowed but it should be in limits. No one dared to oppose him as he gave them a stern look. 

Manik left after making sure all those students shut their mouths and apologized to freshers, then walked away from there silently.

That was the first time she saw him, before she realized Nandini is already following him out to say thanks, but he just brushed it away and smiled saying it's not a big deal. He told her to stay strong and wished her good luck.

Then walked away from there with his white coat in his one hand and other hand has his coffee. 

On that day, before Nandini felt like running away from everything thinking that maybe the medical field is not her thing but again after re-thinking all these people here are doing fine, so she will be fine too in few days, that's what she told to herself. Maybe this is not that difficult, after all. And she can do this.

From that day, Manik became her crush, her first crush, she never had one before.

Nandini never really stalked or followed him, but whenever he appeared at the same place as she was randomly, her heart used to go crazy. 

She used to ask others subtly to know about him more but it is not that hard as the whole university knows about him and used to talk about him often, they even used to call him as their University's Prince when he was a student. He is almost every girl's crush and every professor's favorite. Though he is mostly alone and no one really is close to him, despite his popularity he is quite reserved.

There was not a single day where Nandini saw him and thought he looked any less handsome, no, Manik always looked drop dead gorgeous even when he is just walking or during practicals and even with his sweaty mess hair, he still managed to take her breath away.