8. A date

Say honestly, MANIK OR YUVRAJ?
(Who do you select for Nandini, please answer)

**********

"It's just a date" "It's just a date" "It's just a date"

That's what Nandini kept chanting to herself as she just couldn't stop herself think about all the things that could go wrong tonight.

Little pessimistic but it's just that it has been so long since Nandini went on a date. The last time, she went on date is in her high school, right before she got admission to a medical university. That guy was her friend's friend and he kept coming on to her, so she thought to give him a chance. It was a movie date, but that guy kept touching or holding her hand which made her really uncomfortable. And when he tried to kiss her, Nandini just ducked her head side-wards. It was really awkward but Nandini has no idea that he will try to kiss her on the first date only and she just couldn't be at ease when he is with her. So, that's how it ended. And she still remembers it.

Then in medical college, she barely has time to get some sleep, so dating and all of that is just felt like a sick joke. Also, after her senior, she didn't even had a crush on other guys.

But now that out of nowhere, she is asked out by a guy who looks really good and treats her even better with whom she feels comfortable enough, Nandini can't help but overthink. Still, it's a little sudden to her. 

Today is Dr. Manik and his team's turn to have a weekend, there are not on E.R shift either. It's a Friday. 

But still, Manik went to the hospital today saying it's about some seminar, then later she got a call from her senior to come urgently. When she went, Nandini just gave him an angry look which he easily ignored, then asked her to help with his records. She always helps him out but it's weird that today he kept on giving her work and, he never bothered her at weekends, so it is a little strange. 

It seems like he is deliberately doing this. Still, she said nothing to him and after getting done with those records before he can order her to do something, Nandini just hurriedly said bye to him and went home by late noon.

Earlier when Yuvraj messaged her telling her about the whole plan of their date, according to Nandini, that boy went a little overboard. Like an amusement park, dinner on a ferry boat, and fireworks and all, it's way too much for a first date. Nandini literally begged him to cancel those and opt for a simple dinner date.

There's already not much time to prepare for anything and on top of that, she felt so tired that she took a nap. A very bad idea. Never took a nap right before your date. It will make you moody, lazy, and late.

It's past 7 already, Nandini didn't even pick an outfit yet. Finally, as it is just a first simple date, she went with a nice sweater and skirt, she started getting ready, not much grand. Just a nice outfit, matching earrings and heels, a little makeup, that's it.