26. Fool for you

Don't forget to comment and vote :)

******

Nandini literally lost her mind, it's like she is gone insane. From the moment, Manik went limp in her arms, Nandini's mind went blank. 

She kept hugging Manik and kept shaking him, but no, her senior is busy paying no attention to her like he always does. He is being stubborn, Nandini is determined, she is going to win this time. 

She will not let him go this easily.

As if Nandini and Manik are only stuck in slow motion, everything around them moved so fast. The rescue team arrested all of the gang members and their unconscious boss, then they started moving the injuring patients. 

There are still Navya, Aryaman, Cabir, Dhruv, and Jai standing around her in silence with all of their new injuries. No one dared to come close to her, but someone from the rescue team said that they should be moving. 

And Nandini didn't pay any attention to them, she is solemnly fixed on her Senior and by every second, her clothes kept getting drenched in her lover's blood.

Navya couldn't pull herself to console her friend who is crying like she lost her life and she could do nothing, so she just stood there crying in silence with sadness filled in her heart.

Cabir went forward as he kneeled before Manik, "Nandini, it's time you let him go. He is not breathing anymore and lost too much blood", he said softly and Nandini looked at him with her red eyes. 

As a doctor, Cabir can understand how it feels to lose your loved one, they have all seen it so many times in their profession. 

But still, the pain is the same.

Nandini did not pay any attention to Cabir's words as she kept touching Manik's wrist and his neck veins, in the hope to find some pulse, little breathing, even a little is enough. There was a faint pulse before but now there is nothing, she can feel nothing as she touched his veins.

She wiped her tears harshly as she stood up, there is not much time. "Aryaman, Dhruv, help me getting him on the stretcher", she requested them and they obeyed her quickly. They laid Manik's body on the operation bed under the lights. 

"Dr. Cabir and Jai, help Navya with the electrical cardioversion and arrange defibrillator". 

It won't be tough, there is still electricity in the operation room camp, even though a fight broke, there are still their medical machines here in perfect condition.

They got interrupted, "Ma'am, we have to get away from here. We can carry his dead body with us", the rescue team's head came to her and requested her.

If looks can kill, he would've died right there, "No one is taking him anywhere", Nandini shouted back at them aggressively. 

The rescue team leader stopped right there, he stood there, choosing not to go away, also not to go inside. They stood outside the tent from where they can clearly listen to what is happening inside.

She removed Manik's shirt by cutting it open as she started doing the CPR, 15 compressions, and three times she breathed into his mouth. But no, nothing happened. To put enough force, Nandini got on it, and then she kept doing it, then she felt it, it's faint. 

There's a pulse, but it's irregular. Nandini had to correct the rhythm of his heartbeats to keep him alive.

Cabir switched on the defibrillator while Nandini got down as she got her surgical gloves, everything is messed up but still, they can work it. She has to. Dhruv attached the sticky pads on her senior's chest as a precaution. Navya handled her the electric pads and Dr.Jai added the gel on them, then Nandini started rubbing them together before she put it on Manik's chest.