37. Home!

Tried my best to give you the best chapter, hope you all like it. Do comment and let me know :)

*************

Nandini feels like a wreck, these days she is sleeping less than four hours a day. And this entire week, she is on the night shift in the Emergency ward. She herself requested it, that's why Navya allotted it reluctantly. 

As a resident surgeon, Nanidni is assisting a lot of senior surgeons, practicing and learning as much as she can. There are no fixed teams for any surgeons, whoever is available, they have to do their duty. But if it's scheduled surgery, all their names and medical details will be noted and informed beforehand only.

Dr. Dhruv assists Nandini whenever he can, it is rumored that he refused to be some senior surgeon's assistant as he wants to be under her care.

Nandini didn't say anything about that rumor and acted the same as every day. It would be good for him to assist a senior surgeon than stick with her, but again, it's up to him. 

With her, it will take time as she herself is an assistant surgeon in major surgeries.

Today is another night shift, Nandini passed out early morning in their dorms and after lunch, she went out, just an hour before she came back to the hospital. 

She is reading the medical documents and organizing her notes. She maintains a journal, writing all the medical details she did on that day. If she is in O.R, that day, she has lots to write. 

Manik keeps a journal too, his files are very detailed and since the day she found him writing into his system, she started doing it too.

Sometimes, when the surgery is successful, even though she is exhausted, she notes everything excitedly and other times, when the surgery is not successful and they couldn't save the patient, she writes with gloomy eyes and a red nose. Anyways, no matter what happens, she keeps a note.

It's to herself, somedays she feels proud and other days, she feels like crap.

There is still time before her shift starts, so she is in her office and re-reading everything. Night shift is like a rollercoaster, most of the time it is peaceful and dark as everything is down to the hush and silent whispers. 

But once they get an emergency case with a blaring alarm and emergency van's loud siren, all the silence will be thrown out of the window.

Her phone ranged flashing a name and Nandini automatically smiled as she answered the call, "Hey, reached your place?" She asked her lover as these days their timings do not match at all. 

The moment he left his home after a heavy day is the time she came back to the hospital to start her shift.

"Yeah, long back. One second" then there was a video call request and she accepted it, "What about you?" Manik smiled once he saw her face even though she might be looking like a zombie now. 

He is sitting on his bed, wearing a black t-shirt and his hair is disheveled, his voice went deeper than normal which means that's his sleepy voice.

They both are so busy with work that they didn't go out once since last week, personal life became non-existent at this point. 

Nandini is so busy these days that she didn't get time to visit her boyfriend, they only smile and greet each other whenever their eyes meet randomly in the hospital corridors. That also doesn't stay long as they have things to do with their tasks.

Nandini sighed as she leaned back into the chair, "My shift is about to start", she told him with a pout.

Today they didn't even get to see each other but Manik must have come to see her when she was sleeping in the dorm as there is a juice box left near her bed with a text, 'rest well'. And she knows his handwriting very well to know that he is the one who left it there. She sent a 'thank you' text back to him.