49. Midnight Rain

Nandini's outfit for the reception is attached above. Do comment and vote, they motivate me a lot. Thanks :)

[Self-promo, my insta id: beyond_moon6 ]

*************************

Zain was shocked to see Mr. Anand Vardhan walking up to them with a scowl. He looks angry but still he came, that itself is a huge gift from him. 

Mukti was standing with Zain and thanking the people who were congratulating them, she felt a nudge by her husband, disturbing her talk. She stared at Zain as in what but he just pointed at the man who arrived. 

The smile fell off her face quickly as she stood straight and stern when she saw her father approaching them.

Mukti send the invitation to her father through his secretary today morning, not to invite him here, no, she just wants her father to know that her reception is today. Just like how she informed him about her marriage, not to get his blessings, just to tell him that she is married now. She is still angry with him, he hurt her husband and since she warned him, her father didn't touch them again.

So, why is he here? He looks angry. To taunt her and to tell everyone how much he hates her husband? She is not going to let that happen. 

Mukti is not going to let her father crash their reception and look down on Zain. 

Nope. No one is going to spoil their day or make Zain sad, she is not going to let that happen even if the opponent is her father.

Anand approached the couple with a glare on his face and his secretary followed him in a timid way. "Mukti", he called his daughter's name as he stood in front of both of them.

"Yes father?" Mukti showed her teeth, smiling wide but Zain knows that her smile is not genuine one. 

This expression Mukti usually makes when she is ready to take a challenge on or when she is about to crush someone's ego. His wife is not a person who is easy to play with.

The old man looked at Zain but didn't say anything to him. "Do you really have to do this?" he asked her, clenching his teeth tight.

Zain stood silent as Mukti replied, "What did I do? My reception? Why? The decoration is not good?" she asked him playing innocent and Zain sighed internally, she is totally instigating her father.

"Not that. Can't you tell me before? I had to postpone an important business trip suddenly because you told me just today", came an unexpected complaint from Anand, and Mukti was stunned as no words came out of her mouth. 

Her father is angry, not because of her reception but he is angry because of the last-minute invitation he got.

Both of them stood speechless, Anand pointed at Zain, "You there?" and Zain's eyes went wide with nervousness, "Y-yes sir?"

"Is this how you treat your father-in-law? Sending your marriage certificate through a text and inviting me to the reception at the last minute?" Anand asked the young guy who looked like he is about to get a panic attack.

Zain stuttered, "I'm sorry, sir. Next time, I will invite you two days before", he said and cursed at himself internally, "That doesn't mean I'm going to remarry or anything, it's just... we are sorry".

Mukti interrupted her husband's nervous rant, "I thought you won't bother to come, and why the sudden change?" she asked him back, gazing at her father coldly.

Anand sighed at his daughter's straightforwardness, he gestured at his secretary who came running to him with an envelope. He gave the envelope to Mukti, "To give you my blessings, I know it's late but I'm happy for you", he said with honest emotion.