16. Never be the same

Remember this is just an ff and I'm no expert in medical :)

***

The next day, Nandini got back to the hospital a little late as she woke up late, but she didn't rush this time as she knows there is no surgery scheduled today, and if an emergency case was there, she would've got a call from the staff by now, but she didn't. So, she took her time while driving here as calmly as she can.

Nandini knocked carefully before entering Dr. Manik's office room, he didn't call for her yet as there's still some time for their morning rounds. He is reading something from those records but shifted his focus once he saw her coming.

Her senior rotated his chair in her direction, to look at her. Nandini smiled as she said, "I'm sorry for yesterday", she apologized to him.

Manik looked at her as he got his smirk back on his face, of course, she is back, wriggling her tail and coming towards him with no complaints. That's how she is. But she insulted him in front of all those people, obviously, she needs to apologize.

His junior doctor looked at him as she got no response from him for her apology, "Continue", Manik said as he leaned back in his chair and looking at her with a smirk.

"Thank you for going through all of that trouble for me. You don't have to help me anymore", Nandini said. This is the decision she made last night, and she is going to stick with this from now. He helped her enough, she doesn't need his help anymore in her personal life. It's more like hope he had fun while playing with her but it's over now. 

She can't take it anymore.

Her senior didn't look surprised, he had no emotion when he said "so, we are back to square one?"

Nandini nodded her head, "Yes, if anyone asks, we can tell that we broke up but remained as good colleagues. If you're uncomfortable, I can ask Chief Nurse to replace me", she suggested to him. That may get her in little trouble but then she doesn't need to spend her time with him anymore if she gets replaced thought professionally Manik is good.

"It's fine, I don't mind", he shrugged it off as there was no smirk on his face. He looked at her as if he has something to say but he didn't, she smiled politely before leaving his room.

"That's what I thought", Nandini mumbled to herself coming out of his room, of course, he doesn't mind. 

She already knows that he won't feel uneasy with her because in the first place she was never seen as some special in his eyes to make him uncomfortable after breaking whatever they had. She has always been normal to him. 

Just normal. 

He did help her and used her for his own selfishness as in entertainment, but it was nothing serious. He can find his entertainment in multiple ways.

As Nandini walked out of his room, she left a big sigh in relief, it was easier than she thought. Last night, after spending the whole night crying with herself, Nandini strongly decided that she has to put an end to this. Thinking about all the time he had fun playing with her feelings made her realized how foolish she was all these days.

 Yes, He did help her a few times and warm to her two or three times, but she can't hold to those few moments and torment herself anymore. As she said, she had enough.

~

After that Nandini is in a really good mood because now she has nothing to worry about, she is even whistling as she is walking towards the Navya's desk.

"Good Morning", she chirped brightly as she took her schedule list from Navya's desk.

Every day, Navya used to see her running hurriedly and cursing herself for getting late, but today she seems happy. "Well, good morning to you too", Navya replied as she looked at Nandini surprisingly.