60. Only Fools Fall For You !!

The drive from the village to their home in the city was peaceful.

Manik drove calmly as it was already around midnight and the traffic was minimal. Nandini, a mess from the day's emotional turmoil, cuddled up in the passenger seat of the car that she was so used to, he covered her with his blazer as she looked like a mess.

After so many days, Nandini put some efforts into her looks and she wanted to look beautiful for their date, she wanted to earn a compliment from him, the unfazed gaze and stutter full of compliments. 

But no. Instead she cried, she cried like hell and then later went to the police station to bail him out, it was a hell of a rollercoaster.

Manik drove skillfully, glancing at her from time to time with a pleasant smile on his face.

Slowly the younger started apologizing and Manik nodded that it was okay, he seemed to quiet down too. Like from the guy who pulled a dramatic ruckus in front of her house because she didn't show up to the date and to the guy who is driving smoothly, glancing at her from time to time with a gentle smile on his face.

Nandini turned in her seat and leaned back to the window, just to look at him. Sniffing with a red nose, the younger continued to whisper a lot of things, she missed him a lot. She was dumb and stupid. She was sad. She didn't like living alone. She didn't like cooking. 

She always looked for him, around her. Checked on him from time to time from a distance. She was a coward. She has lots of things going on and she didn't know how to handle them.

Manik just let her talk as he continued to drive, he listened to everything without interrupting her and then he reached out to hold her hand, intertwined their hands gently, and kissed her palm, sending tingles all over her body.

And so they reached their destination within no time.

The moment Nandini stepped inside their home with Manik, he closed the door behind her and pinned her to the same main door through which she walked out last time literally taking his heart with her, since then his life was turned upside down.

Nandini looked up to him, with no ounce of fear or whatsoever as he hovered above her, taller and stronger than her. The older trapped her between himself and the wall. 

She blushed and smiled looking up to him, "Manik", she whispered his name so lowly but it echoed in his mind like it does when one drowns in a deep ocean.

And Manik didn't smile back, he didn't have that much courtesy as he closed the gap between them and kissed her finally. He didn't even know how he controlled the urge to kiss her all the while he drove her. It seemed impossible to hold himself back anymore.

Their lips met in a fervent kiss, making up for the lost time. 

Manik's hands gently cradled her face, his lips exploring hers, everything so perfect finally. Nandini, like a habit, took no time in kissing him back, there was no surprise hint in her as if she knew he was going to kiss her.

As if she already knows that they belong together.

Manik locked their lips and cupped her cheeks tenderly, kissing her gently, taking his own time at licking her plump lips which he missed so goddamn much. "Nandini", he whispered her name back in his deep voice as he breathed on her lips and let out a blissful sigh before diving back into kissing each other again, with more passion this time.

Nandini felt the shivers all over her body, it's been so long. 

She missed him so much, this warmth and comfort that she could find in only him, only Manik could look at her like he wanted to eat her and the younger would still walk up to him, offering her everything to him on a golden plate because she knows it's Manik. She can trust her everything with him.