15. Hold Me Down

Nandini stopped celebrating her birthday for the last few years, she just stopped acknowledging it. Her mother is way too busy to remember her birthday and her father is not here anymore, so whoever wishes her doesn't really matter to her that much.

And she is not sad, it's just that there is nothing to look forward to on this day, unlike her childhood days.

Honestly, when she asked Manik to go out with her, she knew for sure that it will be impossible.

That he will reject her.

And for some reason, she finds really hard to stay at home alone on this day and she misses her father way too much. Yes, Manik needed to come out of his work mode and enjoy his life a little, get some fresh air, this is important for him. But not being alone on this day is also important to her.

Maybe, that's why, Nandini used his promise, desperately and made him agree.

Nandini wanted today to be simple and calm, that's it.

She told Manik not to bring his car and dress casually, then wait for her

She told Manik not to bring his car and dress casually, then wait for her. He remarked it is as boring but still did as he told her. She reached his place and asked him to come out so that their date can begin.

Nandini saw Manik as he got off the elevator and came to her. It is so rare to see him without his white coat or in surgical scrub, now that he is actually in his casuals with his messy hair, he really looks young and handsome.

Like he doesn't even look like her senior

Then Manik said, "I will kill you right here if I saw any flowers in your hand", as he approached her, there, this is her senior.

She smiled in return as she waved her empty hands in front of him, then he muttered good to himself.

Of course, she knows how much he hates cliche things.

"Let's go", Nandini told him as she continued to walk with Manik following her for a change.

Her Senior stopped walking as he noticed there is no car waiting for them, "Wait, are we going on foot?", he asked her.