47. On & on

Sorry for the late update. Do comment and let me know your thoughts while reading this chapter, thanks.

********************

As the door opened, Renuka stepped out from her private jet with her secretary and others following behind her hurriedly. There is already a designated car with security waiting for her at the airport. 

Just as she got off the plane, the men gestured her way to the private cars where there is no one except for the staff because the area is temporarily blocked and reserved for the state's home minister's arrival.

Renuka didn't speak much as she walk past all of them and got into the middle car as the chauffeur opened the door for her. Once she got in the backseat of the sleek black AUDI car, her secretary in the front seat, and the driver, the cars started.

She didn't have much time and they are running a little late for the assembly meeting, it was early morning but if they get stuck in traffic, then those men from the opposition party will mock her for coming late and Renuka hates it. 

She hates giving anyone the upper hand. 

So, that's why, even though she has no sleep, right after her meeting with Spain's ministers and another private meeting on the flight on her way, she closed her schedule.

Now all she has to do is sit in the car until they reach the destination.

Meanwhile, her secretary, Sudha gave the iPad to Renuka with all of the updates, both personal and professional. 

Renuka went through them, things that are trending, new articles, and all of that. Then she stopped scrolling as she found an interesting article with a photo of a familiar doctor.

Dr. Manik Malhotra is on the front page, but unlike the past few days, this article is actually on the positive side. As she clicked on the image, more articles pulled up and Renuka just crossed her legs and put on her reading glasses as she found everything more amusing.

It seems that boy got his license back which means her father won the battle and Nandini lost.

 Still, the negative rumors remained, and this doctor is smart unlike most who get their lives destroyed. He actually got himself a press meet with the live telecast. Brave move. 

And he actually turned the tables to his side. 

Of course, Renuka has her pride but she is also good at reading people. 

Manik, she thought he will be like everyone else but no, that boy has guts. Honestly, if he came from a good family background, parents who got married legally with no media exposure or billions of rumors surrounding his mother, she actually thinks Manik would not be that bad for her daughter.

But too bad and she knows how her father handles these matters. Even though she is out of the country, she still likes to stay updated. 

She thought her daughter will reach out to her, Renuka was expecting a call from Nandini asking for her help, like a lost child. 

But no. 

Her daughter is more stubborn than she thought.

As she read the news, and articles written for him and quoted his answers, Manik does know how to deal with people and he knows how to be charming. Renuka will never admit but she is slightly impressed by him until she read the last few lines. 

His answers regarding his personal life. He has a fiancée? Does it mean he is engaged to Nandini? When did that happen?

"Is this true? Did you guys confirmed?", Renuka broke the silence as she showed the display to her secretary and asked the question.