13. What am I here for

"So, you guys are not in love still pretend like one, but now you really love him", Zain commented after she finished telling him about what happened.

Initially, Nandini didn't want to tell him but he is really stubborn. Forcefully made her sat with him and demanded her, as there was no other option and she is not even had to be guarded around this guy, so she told him. Nandini didn't know if he got clarity or not, but like Mukti, he also didn't judge her stupid mind.

"Yeah", Nandini sighed as she looked at her hands.

They both are sitting on a bench in the hospital garden area, it's a pleasant evening and coincidentally they both are in the break. So, with a sandwich and her sad story, he got ready to listen to her.

Zain has a very surprised expression when he asked her, "Is he aware of that?"

Nandini looked at his face as he asked her that, then after finishing her sandwich bite, she replied, "About what? Me liking him? Of course, I told him", then she sadly laughed at her pathetic situation.

"And what did he said?", Zain asked consciously as even though he is close with Manik, we never know him fully, that guy is cold like a block of ice.

Nandini said what exactly Manik replied to her. It's been already been a week since she expressed her feelings and he gave her an answer that drove her crazy. She couldn't sleep a wink on that night, like, at that time she was determined that she is going to make him accept her, or maybe he is just teasing her like he always does. But no, seems like Manik is really serious about making her suffer. 

No, he is not torturing anymore, everything is normal and that's the problem. It's like nothing is changed since then, he is acting the same and treating her the same, there is no difference.

How the hell will she make him see her differently if he is acting so indifferent?

Zain stood up suddenly as he processed what Nandini said like this is how his friend acts when a girl expresses her pure feelings towards him, that's cruel. "I can't believe he did that, don't worry, Nandini, let me teach that asshole a lesson", that he snapped his knuckles as he got an angry expression on his face and started walking away from her, most probably to punch her senior on behalf of Nandini.

Nandini quickly ran after him as she stopped him by holding his hand, "No, Zain. I don't want you to teach him a lesson or anything", she left his hand when he calmed down.

Then they both settled back on the bench, as Zain looked at her in confusion. Like is this girl stupid, how can she allow him to treat her like that? Not when she likes him. As sat silently, he nudged her as if asking her to give him one good reason why that jerk doesn't deserve a good punch from him.

"I really like him and his cold side doesn't bother me, I don't want to change him. I just want him to look at me, that's it", Nandini said slowly to Zain.

Hearing her Zain gave Nandini a blunt look and then after a second he started laughing his ass off. All the staff and patients gave him looks as he laughed like a mad person and Nandini slapped him on his shoulder as he continued laughing like a maniac.

After a few minutes, he made himself calm, then said "Wow, you're a total nut case", again started laughing.

Nandini made no move to justify herself, she just sat there as Zain continued to laugh at her pathetic situation. Maybe she really is a gone case for thinking that out of anyone The Manik Malhotra will fall for her or reciprocate her feelings. What was she even thinking?

After a second Zain noticed the doctor's sad pout and that made him feel guilty for laughing at her situation. This poor girl, out of everyone, has to fall for Manik only. "I can't see you like this, let me help you", he offered her.