9. In silence

I try to update as quickly as I can but weekends are all I have, please understand. And I love inline comments, thank you.

*****

Nandini and their team had an exhausting week because apparently, Manik hates if his schedule is free or has too much gap from surgery to surgery. So, he actively gets their timetable fully packed and when there is nothing much to do on some days, he assists other senior doctors. 

Yes, working and being busy is fine, you will get experience and all but for Nandini, sometimes it's just too much fast-paced.

Because she is still new and still can't perform operations yet, no, not till the next four months and till she gets confident enough, also when the team and other doctors show that much confidence in her, then she will. 

Now also, she is happy assisting him, but it's too nerve-wracking. She must study all their cases briefly, then past records that are similar to the case they are dealing with. Then Manik puts her in the spot all the time during operation by asking her questions and for that, she always stays on alert. Till now, every time he asks her questions, she gave the right answers only. He just nods his head then continues doing what he is doing. 

It is fine, Nandini consoles herself.

But it's just that some days, it can be too much, like repeating that endless cycle every day is very tiring. Like today. 

They had a rough day today. 

There is no operation scheduled for today, but some emergency case came and her senior Manik came to the rescue. It was an accident case, got hit by a car while crossing the road. They had to perform back surgery Discectomy (Doctors remove a portion of a herniated disc to relieve pressure, irritation, or compression on your nerves), there were some other injuries and the patient may also get trauma after due to the shock he went through during accident.

After the operation, it's already 6 in the evening and her senior dismissed all their team with a simple thank you for doing their job, then left to change. 

Nandini also got changed and went to their dorm to take a rest, maybe a small nap is all she needs, and she has to do it now before her 'boyfriend' can come and go around ordering her obnoxiously.

As Nandini can't leave yet, not without her senior doctor's permission, so she took a little nap. It was around 7 pm when she woke up and she checked her mobile only to see that there are zero notifications from Manik. 

It is weird, he doesn't let her this peaceful for this long, at least not when she is still in the hospital. He always bothers her during working hours.

Nandini went to Manik's office but even after knocking twice, there is no response. So, she peeked a little to see that it's empty. His system is off, coat is still there. 

Did he leave already? 

Maybe. After all, he is human too though he acts like a Satan, still human, so must be tired. And that means now she can leave too. Yay, she did her little happy dance.

Nandini quickly grabbed her bag and stuff, then took the elevator and pressed 0 for the parking lot floor. She took her mobile to drop a message to her senior that she is leaving now. 

When Nandini sent that message, at the same time the elevator opened as it reached the ground floor and when she looked up, there is her senior standing in all the glory, right in front of her face and looking at his phone while waiting for the elevator. 

 Of course, Manik didn't leave yet, how can he? Him leaving without making her suffer enough. It is impossible.

Today her senior is just dressed in a simple black shirt paired with formal beige-colored pants and even after having such a busy day, he still looks stunning, it is so unfair. But his face looks dull, like really tired. He needs rest but she can't say it out loud because this guy will just mock her instead of listening to her.