32. Dreaming

This is one of my fav chapters for obvious reasons, hope you all like this.

Do vote and comment, means a lot.

**************

Nandini dragged herself to the stairs, its already 7 in the evening and she did her night shift yesterday, then today morning she continued to assist Dr. Sowmya with her research papers. When her night shift ended, Nandini is about to take a rest but she got the call from Sowmya requesting her help. 

Unable to reject it, like a dedicated junior, Nandini did her best in helping her and finished it by the evening.

Then finally she got a break. Tonight and tomorrow fully. She is on off duty. All the staff who attended the medical camp with her, all of them got two days' break - today and tomorrow because of the event that is going to be held tomorrow. Staff who are on emergency duty and others will always be there.

And after a long long time, Navya and Mukti and herself, all got their schedules matched and all of them are free tonight. So, the three girls decided to hang out at Mukti's place like always. 

Also from now on this sleepover will become even more rare because starting from the next week, Zain is moving in with his girlfriend. They are going to live together.

Nandini offered to get drinks while Navya will come directly from the hospital after finishing her shift and Mukti is already home. Once Nandini parked her car and got out, she saw the board saying out of service written in bold letter on both of the elevators at Mukti's apartments. 

It's not that tall building, just five-storey and Mukti happens to live on the top floor.

After an exhausting day, Nandini felt like she will pass out but somehow she made it. She rang the door bell and Mukti opened the door, dressed in her pajamas and welcoming her with a bright smile. 

The younger just ignored that and went ahead, threw her handbag on the chair and drinks on the table, then she just threw herself on the sofa and sighed.

Mukti chuckled looking at the younger, Nandini looks like she can fall asleep just in that posture. She got a cold water bottle and offered it to her, Nandini drank half of the bottle and then sat straight. 

"Your flat maintenance service sucks!" she comments.

Before Mukti can argue with the younger's opinion, there is another doorbell, interrupting them. Tying her hair in a bun, she opened the door to see Navya. 

Chief Nurse entered her place, went straight to the refrigerator, took a water bottle, and drank, nearly finishing it. "Shift or tell them to repair that damn elevator soon", with that she flopped beside Nandini who sympathized with every word that Navya said.

"You guys are so tired just for this? You both should exercise more", Mukti mocked both of them for low stamina.

Nandini knows how regularly Mukti exercises, that's how she maintains that structure. But because of her busy schedule, all Nanidni wants to do in her free time is to take a rest, not grinding herself even more.

Navya sighed, "You're a monster", retorted back to which Mukti deliberately laughed evilly making her voice go pitch higher like a maniac.

"Stop it, I'm hungry", Nandini whined pouting at them.

And that's all it requires for both of them to stop their silly banter. Mukti already ordered the food and went into the kitchen to take it out, while Navya helped her with the plates and drinks. 

Meanwhile, Nandini did nothing, just saw them arranging everything and once they both are done, they called for her to join them.

Sitting at the dining table, they started having their dinner. They ordered biryani and fried rice and other special curries. As a south Indian, Nandini loves rice. She can have it every day, just depends on the curry. And these both loves to pamper her, so Mukti ordered all of her favorite dishes.