5. Satan's Assistant

"I will be your fake boyfriend if you agree to be my assistant".

Her world stopped for a second when her Senior said that, Nandini's answer is obviously a no... straight no. 

But before she can tell him that, Navya came and Manik, obviously standing way too close to her. And of course, Navya misunderstood the scene and took it in her own way.

"I knocked once, but no one answered. So, I just came in", she said grinning by looking at them instead of feeling awkward and she gave a side look to Nandini as if she is teasing. 

Her senior moved back a little, but he is still very much standing close to her. He is smiling, a very pleasant one, towards Navya and then moved to sit in his chair with Nandini standing beside his chair. They both are acting normal while Nandini just wants to disappear from here.

Dr. Manik just smiled saying "I'm sorry, I haven't noticed as you can see I'm obviously occupied" and as he said that he gestured Navya to Nandini who is standing still there after listening to his response. 

Is he openly flirting with her? 

My god, this embarrassing.

Navya adjusted her glasses as she smiled and said, "I can see that now, my bad. Just came here to give you the list of staff that is going to assist you from now on", with that she came forward to give him the list with all the details and also said that she mailed him the same already.

"Thanks a lot", he gave her his best smile as he studied the form.

Navya gave him one last smile as she said, "You're welcome".

It's already dawn, Nandini just wants to lay down and rest for now instead of standing here awkwardly in between these two people and being a mute spectator, Navya has clearly seen her and she is holding back currently but Nandini knows she is going to tease her later.

When Nandini thought finally she left, Navya turned around and looked at him, this time she looked little mischievous when she said "You guys look cute together", then she walked away from the room giggling like a teenager.

Nandini just smiled awkwardly and looked at Manik who is looking pretty chilled for a person who just had a tough day on his first day at work.

"Looks like you don't have an option", he said that smiling sarcastically and how she wished to vanish from here right at this moment.

Also, now that everyone knows and if he doesn't play along, then sure she is going to become a clown in front of all of them. The amount of embarrassment she is going to face will be huge. And how will she face them all, what will she say to them? 

Why did she lied and how can she use Manik like that? 

Wow, just thinking about it, her mind is going crazy.

And if she agrees to be her senior's fake girlfriend, it means she gets an opportunity to assist him. It will help her career very much, she doesn't know correctly what's going on his mind when he asked her to be his assistant but taking a fresher as his assistant, that too a doctor who easily gets emotional and almost have zero experience, mostly senior doctors avoid these situations but he himself wanted her. 

Nandini also knows how he works; he is calm and diligent, but he is impulsive too. He studies cases beforehand like everyone but during operation, if anything is gone wrong instead of temporarily halting the process, he continues the operation by changing the process.

 A lot of stress and trust, both will cost a lot.

That also fine with her, but how can she look at him and work, he is still her crush and he still looks heavenly handsome to her. She took a glance at him without thinking much, he is still looking at her directly and she immediately break their eye contact.