6. Confound

Manik's schedule is tightly packed but here unlike at his previous workplace, he made sure to take some rest and breaks in between.

 There are emergency cases, but not much, and everything else is pretty much planned beforehand only. His team or junior doctors, whatever you want to call them, they all have only a little experience but surgeon nurse and anesthesiologist, they all are seniors and much experienced than him. 

Nandini did work with Manik, she assisted him and after every surgery, she couldn't help but weep secretly. Every operation they had till now was successful and she still cried after coming from operation theatre, but this time she made sure no one catches her crying. 

Changing room, that's where she cries secretly, and then after enough weeping, she comes out and acts strongly in front of everyone.

Assisting Dr. Manik is hard because he always questions about the case while in the middle of the operation, first day, Nandini got blank when he suddenly asked her regarding the pancreatectomy and unable to answer a thing. She got an earful of the lecture from Manik once he finished the operation in front of the team. 

From that day, she studied even more in extra time every day and made sure not to mess up anything by being very careful.

Well considering the others, they told her that they expected some cheesy couple in the beginning when they got to know about them but after seeing that how Manik treats her the same as everyone else, they got a little shocked but Nandini told them being professional is the right thing and if she did something wrong, he should correct her. She supported him as it is for her own good only.

Some understood her very well and believed while some other people pitied by spreading the rumors that it seems only Nandini is crazily in love with Manik and Manik not so much in love with her. It justified for them though it's completely none of their business. Overall, it's a big headache.

And another major cause for her headache is none other than her fake boyfriend. No, don't get her wrong, Manik is a great senior, a little strict but takes good care of the people who work with him. The problem is that guy in personal life is a nightmare, always ordering her around and making her work all the time, it is like he is using her to his own advantage. 

Nandini will never know what is going on in his mind.

~

Nandini sighed as finally today, she can have her lunch peacefully because today Manik went on patrol to check on his patients and dismissed her early. Luckily, Dr. Mukti also free currently, so she went to have lunch with her.

"I wish Navya also here, I missed our time together", Mukti said to Nandini as they settled in her office. The three girls, even though from completely different departments, used to have so much fun together.

Nandini immediately nodded her head in agreement with what the Mukti has said, "Me too, but she is busy. I'm actually happy that at least you're not busy or else I would've had my lunch alone today too", she sulked thinking about these days. How busy she is being.

Mukti instantly looked at her and asked her with a confused face "Why? I thought you were with your lover during your lunchtime as you guys share the same schedule".

Uh-oh, Nandini's tongue just slipped and she forgot how good Mukti at caught other's lies. "Of course... I mean I missed our 'girls time'", she somehow saved herself clumsily.

"I see", Mukti gave her a scrutinizing look and nodded her head.

"Our order must be ready, let me go and get it" and before Mukti can say or go along with her, Nandini disappeared before her.