57. Always, I'll care

Thanks for reading:)

******************

Nandini checked the patient's condition she operated on this afternoon, everything was looking fine. 

The night duty shift nurse and the patient's family members are going to stay here tonight as this is a small village, doctors usually don't spend the night here. And if an emergency case comes at midnight, they will get a call and Nandini will be in hospital within ten minutes if she walks fast.

So, around 6 pm, finally wrapping everything for the day, Nandini walked out of the hospital with her bag to leave and rest for the day. She yawned while massaging her right shoulder with her other hand as it was a busy day. 

Once she stepped out, she saw Manik still there at the tea stall just like he was an hour before but this time he was chatting with canteen staff and older men who drop by the evenings because this canteen has good food.

Manik didn't notice her yet as she was still standing by the pillar and not out completely. It's been a hectic day and yes, she was angry that he didn't help her with the operation but then she handled everything perfectly, so there was no problem. 

He looks different as the sunset rays hit his face softly and those eyes, you would think they're black but actually when light hits, his are dark brown. His hair grown a little, messy and unruly as the soft wind hits. He is talking something so deeply while sipping his tea with others, must be him telling those men about the cons of having a smoke. 

Classic Manik!

The younger giggled to herself as Manik pointed at the older man's cigarette and that man immediately threw it on the ground with a scared expression. 

He looks invested, calm and mostly well-rested. There are no dark circles under his eyes, his shirt is a little ruffled and he got a little bit tanned as the temperature here is a little high compared to Bangalore.

As she admired him from the distance, Nandini felt like she was pushed back to her college time when she used to steal glances at him just like this from a distance.

He looks so different now, he always carried the mature vibe but now he looks like just a young guy who sits among older men and gives them lectures about smoking and whatnot. 

He is not checking his phone all the time for emergency messages, not running around with coffee, and not losing sleep by operating on people. Their job is a devoted one where they save people's lives but sometimes, you have to step back and look at yourself or else you might get lost in that chaos. 

Just for a moment, Nandini wanted to capture him like this, secretly she took out her mobile and clicked his picture. No matter what, Nandini always finds this man handsome and that will be her weakness forever.

That messy hair of his got even messier when a gush of wind passed by and he looked irritated at the hair that covered his forehead, it made her smile gently as she captured the moment perfectly. 

Another gush of wind passed by and Nandini was still capturing him while their eyes met. 

Manik just leaned back a little from where he was sitting and looked at her phone directly, then she found him smirking.

Hurriedly, Nandini kept her mobile back in the bag and started walking away from there after telling the staff that she was leaving for the day. The younger cursed at herself as she heard the familiar steps behind her and she walked even faster.

"Hey stalker, why are you running away now?" Manik sang the words as he walked behind her on the mud road.

Nandini didn't turn back to look at him, "I was taking a picture of the sunset, that's it. Stop being so self-obsessed", she replied curtly.