51. Seesaw

Will be waiting to read your thoughts on this chapter, thanks :)

***********

"This tie still feels weird", the man around his late thirties grumbles lowly as he stands in front of the mirror while his wife walks around him and corrects his shirt collar. 

It's morning 9 and he has to leave now, there are already enough missed calls from his colleague who is waiting down his home in the car to pick him up.

His wife gave him his mobile, "You look good with it", she replied with a soft smile.

And Prithvi is not a man who shows emotions often but he burst into a heartfelt laugh at her words. Theirs is a love marriage, obviously and yes, Sita loves him so much but he still laughed at the compliment. He is not good-looking to anyone except her, no, he is built huge like a gangster, stone-faced and there is an ugly scar running down his right cheek, so many other scars gracing all over his body. His face can be used for kids to scare them and make them sleep. But still, he guesses he looks good in his wife's eyes as she decided to marry him and stay with him.

Prithvi bent down to peck her, "Deepu woke up?" he asked her gently, a voice that was reserved to use only in front of his small family.

"I think so", Sita gave him a nod and went inside to gather her daughter in her arms, carrying out while the kid hugged her sleepily. 

Sita got pregnant just recently and they already have a daughter first who is just about to be four years old. So, she chose to take a break from her work and stay home while taking care of her family, mainly to take it easy on herself while spending good time with their growing children.

His wife came out with their daughter on her shoulder only to see Prithvi getting a particular black jacket and gun, other weapons out from the safe box and that was all enough for Sita to know that her husband is going to be late today. 

She knows that her husband is doing a dangerous job, "New mission?" she asks as she is used to this.

"Yes love", Prithvi answered as he dressed in combat boots and a leather jacket on top of the suit.

Sita held her daughter carefully in her arms as she leaned up to kiss his cheek, right on the scar, "Be careful", she said and he nodded as he secured his gun in the strap.

Their daughter finally woke up as she saw her father leaving for work, Deepu also kissed his cheek like a habit, "Come soon, daddy", she said, still half asleep.

Sita smiled at her words and Prithvi kissed the forehead of his daughter, then with one final look, he left them as they gave him a send-off like every day and closed the door behind him.

Prithvi got into the car and settled in the passenger seat as the other man greeted him with utmost respect. 

After all, Prithvi is their captain, known as 'Zombie' for his code name because of his cruelty and merciless behavior in this field. 

All five in the car are called coal agents by the government, that's it. Coal Agents, secretive with gray morals and after their tasks, only ashes will remain. They work for the government undercover, most unofficial tasks, doing all the dirty work behind the curtains. 

Prithvi, he likes to call this a 'compensation - punishment'. 

After all, he was not a good man, Prithvi is an ex-gangster, that too a worst one and killed way too many people. And then after meeting Sita, he decided to leave all that and join hands with the government. 

To not go to jail for his past crimes, he has to work for the government, as a type of payment for a decent house, good money and safety for his only family. They are his everything.