three - unwelcome sight

That was the last time I saw Sebastian Sallow. Nurse Blainey patched up Sebastian's nose and monitored us after the potions and sent us on our way. I retreated back to the Gryffindor common room with the promise of seeing Sebastian in the morning but, he never came back. He broke my heart into a million pieces. I don't know if I ever recovered.

I woke up in my dormitory to the sounds of Garreth Weasley outside singing my name in a high-pitched voice. I rolled over and grunted as I pulled the blanket over my head, debating ignoring him, but he was so annoyingly persistent.

"Oh, Laaaaraaaaaaa! Laaaaaaaaaraaaaaaaaaaaa!" His emphasis on the 'ah' at the end of my name getting longer each time.

I begrudgingly dragged myself out of bed and changed out of my night clothes quickly, sliding on my usual white blouse, Gryffindor vest, grey skirt and tights and my scuffed black boots. I shrugged my robe over my shoulders, placing my prefect badge on haphazardly, not caring if it was straight. I quickly ran my fingers through my light brown hair and decided it was good enough before flinging my tie around my neck, letting it hang loose by my collarbones.

I opened the door to find Garreth standing against the wall, one leg propped against it and his arms across his chest.

"Good morning, gorgeous." Garreth said, hopping off the wall and pulling me into his arms, giving me a kiss. "Now, that's not very presentable for a prefect."

He tugged on the two loose ends of my tie, pulling me in close to his face again, kissing me hard.

"Garreth, it's 8am..." I whispered breathily between our mouths, laughing as I pulled myself away from him.

I fixed my tie and clasped my robe as Garreth straightened my prefect badge for me.

"Shall we?" He asked, offering his hand.

I linked my fingers with his as he led me down the stairs and out of the common room, rushing down to the Great Hall to not miss breakfast.

We entered and sat amongst our peers who had already eaten their breakfast as their penchant for sleep wasn't as high as mine.

"Hello, you two." Natty greeted us, shuffling down so we had a spot to sit. "How was your summer?"

"Positively uneventful" I said.

Garreth gave me a quick kick under the table and placed his hand on my thigh squeezing it as I spoke, knowing I was lying straight to her face.

"And yours, Garreth?" Natty turned her attention to him.

"Oh, exactly the same." Garreth smiled, the grip on my thigh getting tighter.

I held my breath, almost feeling like I could pass out until he released the grip, returning his hands to the table to serve himself some pastries to eat.

Natty's attention was drawn to someone else when Garreth threw me a look.

"Yes?" I laughed, my mouth full of scrambled eggs.

"Uneventful, huh? Are you just going to pretend we didn't spend all summer together in London?"

"I am." I smirked at him.

"Alright, Radley." Garreth laughed, focusing on shovelling the pastries into his gob.

Falling for Garreth wasn't something I ever expected. When I spent all summer of my fifth year alone, I withdrew myself from my friends. Ominis and I had exchanged a few owls, but I let the paper trail go dry as I was too upset to continue pretending I was fine.

I isolated myself for basically my entire sixth year. With no purpose or goal to set my sights to, I just studied. I aced every test, impressed every Professor. They commented how well I was doing 'despite the circumstances'. I was even offered the role of prefect when a spot arose due to some misbehaviour from one of the other ones. Oh, if only they knew. I guess I was sneakier, but I'd had a good teacher in sneakiness in the past.