sixteen - rumours

Sebastian's POV

Lara and I decided to eat dinner together, neither of us really having enough energy to speak after our romp in the prefects bathroom.

My mind was running too wild to hold any sort of intelligent conversation anyway. It was running rampant with the image of Lara's perfect body, running her hands all over mine, thinking about how easily she accepted me, replaying the sound of her calling out my name in absolute bliss.

"Did the both of you not bother to shower and change like Nurse Blainey said?" Ominis said, snapping me out of my daydream.

"Sorry?" I said, drawing my gaze from the table to him.

"You both absolutely reek of gasoline."

"Oh, I must have forgotten." I said.

Lara failed to stifle a chuckle and I saw Ominis' eyebrows furrow and I knew he was thinking something was wrong with us.

"Well, my apologies, Lara, but I will be retiring Sebastian here to his sleeping quarters... after a shower and a change of clothes of course."

Ominis scooped me up by my arm, not even letting me say goodbye and led me out of the Great Hall and down to the dungeons. Once we were inside, he booted me straight into the bathrooms and told me... no, ordered me to shower.

"I did already, Ominis! I just forgot a change of clothes."

"Where? You haven't been here all day."

Whoops. I gulped, realising I may have just dug myself into a deeper hole. Ominis always saw through my bullshit.

"Does it matter where?"

"Yes, because I know you're dragging Lara into something again. What did Nurse Blainey mean when she told you to move away from her?"

"I don't know."

"Don't lie to me, Sebastian. There's something going on between you two." Ominis' voice grew louder with frustration.

"Ominis, will you keep it down?"

"Why? I thought there was nothing to hide."

I rolled my shoulders and groaned, pulling Ominis to the side of the bathroom.

"If I tell you, you can't speak a word of this to anyone else." I said, my hands firmly planted on both of his shoulders.

"Please, Sebastian. When have I ever given you a reason not to trust me?"

I sighed, releasing my grip on his shoulders.

"Alright. We've been... uh..."

How do I word this in the most polite way possible?

"We've been... kind of..."

Oh, Merlin, what was happening to me?

"You slept together, didn't you?" Ominis blurted out, his face completely cold.

"I... yes." I admitted, knowing lying to Ominis was pointless.

"That's disgusting." His face began to contort, and he took a step back from me, as if I were diseased.

"Well, you asked me, Ominis!"

"I know, and I regret it. Just, don't get her in trouble. She's a prefect and you're... you."

I agreed with Ominis, promising not to hurt Lara and get her into trouble... too much trouble anyway. And I admitted defeat and had a shower and sent my robes down to be cleaned before retiring to my dormitory for the night, Ominis still screwing his face up at the sound of me.