thirty - mudblood

Sebastian's POV

"Omi, I'm sorry if I've been pushing you a lot about Poppy lately. It's just been thrilling to have you the one up to mischief rather than me."

"Thank you, Sebastian. That really means a lot."

"Can I ask some questions?" I dared to ask, clenching my teeth as I awaited his answer.

He sighed deeply, "I suppose. But when I say stop, you stop."

"Understood. I suppose what I most want to know is, why Poppy? It's obvious with Lara and I but you two are like polar opposites."

"I'm not entirely sure myself, Sebastian. There's something about her that I am drawn to. Whether it's her optimistic approach to life or our mutual traumas from our childhood. I can't be certain. But, it's just easy with Poppy. Everything feels natural. I never intended it to be like this, we were only talking about you two."

"Gee, Ominis. Way to pour out your heart."

"Stop it." Ominis smacked me across the back. "Is there anything else?"

"One more, you don't have to answer. Did you really send her out to Brocburrow to get one of those potions you told me about?"

I watched Ominis physically cringe as I asked. He'd told me about them after he'd heard from Imelda who'd heard from Leander who'd heard from Cressida that a vendor in Brocburrow sold 'baby preventers'.

"Well, I didn't send her. I had told her about them a week or so ago and she took it upon herself to go and get one afterwards."

"Wow, Omi. Quite the gentleman."

"Oh, shut it, Sebastian. From what I hear you and Lara were there buying one too."

"Yes, but I was the one who bought it it, I didn't send her alone. I'm normally a very careful person anyway, this was just a once off."

"Well, I'd hope you are. I do not want anymore Sallow's running around here. You are enough."

"Couldn't agree more. Should we get to class?" I offered, walking with Ominis to Herbology and meeting up with our respective girlfriends.

✦✧✦✧

Things were finally starting to feel normal again with all of us. The four of us spending all our time together was becoming standard, but I did miss my alone time with Lara, especially now we were both back playing Quidditch and she had her weekly prefect duties.

Gryffindor and Ravenclaw was scheduled for Saturday evening. Lara had spent all week after classes at the Quidditch pitch preparing. I knew she was incredibly anxious about the thought of facing Kale Beardsley again. For that reason, I sneakily attended each of her practice sessions to make sure Weasley was teaching her the right stuff.

On Friday evening, after her last session, I met her on the pitch, changed into practice gear myself and approached her with my new broom in hand.

"What are you doing, Sebastian?" Lara said, looking frazzled and tired from her already hour long session as she looked me up and down, seeing my in my Slytherin gear.

"There's something Garreth won't teach you that you need to know." I said, mounting my broom.

"Please don't say something about your-"

"No! Not that. I'm serious. I'm going to teach you how to defend yourself."

"What? In what way?" Lara looked at me confused.

"Look, I believe Kale will make another attempt at you after he didn't get sanctioned last time... besides me knocking him out. I need to show you how to stop it."