eight - unlocked memories

I showered quickly in the Gryffindor girls bathrooms before dressing myself for the classes ahead. I usually woke earlier than the others, mostly due to the nightmares I got regularly, but also to ensure myself a spot in front of a mirror. Today was not one of those days. I had to battle for a shower which had little to no hot water left and I also had to do my hair standing on the tips of my toes behind two other girls.

I was out with Garreth last night. We were in the astronomy tower and I didn't get back to the dormitory until after 2am. I had felt guilty I hadn't paid him much attention in my mind lately,

Last night was one of the times I wasn't grateful we were in the same house because it made sneaking to bed difficult when we both had to go to the same place. We were busted by Nellie, who for some reason was awake and walking around as we entered.

"No need to ask what you two were up to." She snickered, walking about with a pear in her hands. At 2am.

"Oh, shut up, Nellie." I whispered, as I separated from Garreth and made my way up the stairs to bed.

One would think that sex in such a scandalous location with ones boyfriend in the middle of the night would be what keeps them up at night but my lazy attempts to push Sebastian out of my mind were futile. Now, I felt even worse.

I walked down to the Great Hall amongst the gaggle of other students and found Garreth bright and perky saving a seat for me. I sat next to him, rubbing my eyes.

"Tired?" he smirked, his leg bumping into mine under the table.

"Very. Can I have the coffee, please?" I asked, holding my hand outstretched.

"Geez. Going for the hard stuff today? I didn't know I had that much of an effect on you." Garreth laughed, passing me the hot jug of brown liquid. I forced out a smirk.

I hated the taste of coffee. But, I knew I'd need it today. It was the one day of the week I despised. I had potions, muggle studies, herbology and history of magic. All with Sebastian.

Fortunately, I had Poppy in all of those classes. I'd been spending more time with her lately, mostly to get away from Nellie who was close with Natty because she wouldn't stop pestering me about that fucking dream I had.

Poppy knew about my distaste for Sebastian, though I withheld my hearts desires and didn't tell her I'd had a goddamn wet dream about him. So, she purposely saved me seats nestled amongst other students across the other side of the classroom. Which was super handy until our last period, when Professor Howin excused Poppy to help her with some Beast related stuff.

Of course, when I sat in a cramped two seater hoping someone, anyone would sit next to me, they didn't. And in classic Sebastian style, he waltzed in late and snuck down into the seat next to me. Professor Binns didn't even notice him.

"Sorry." He muttered to me. "I know you don't want me near you, but it's the last seat."

I did wonder whose lap he would have sat on if Poppy was here and there was no seats left.

"It's fine."

This class dragged. As it did every single day. My coffee had worn off and my limited hours of sleep was gaining on me fast.

1764? What was so important about that year.

I tried... I really did. But, I couldn't listen to Binns any longer. I tried to think of something, anything other than sleep. Hell, I'd even take the dream from last week. This. Was. Torture. Surely, a quick moment of shut eye would help me get through to the end of class.

So, I closed my eyes, my head being supported by my hands. Just a few minutes of sleep.

"Lara?" I heard a voice and a tapping on my shoulder.