eleven - quidditch

Saturday. The start of the first Quidditch weekend. Today was Slytherin vs. Hufflepuff. Ominis had caught me in the Great Hall this morning at breakfast. Sebastian was sitting with his Quidditch team mates, so I suppose he was feeling lonely.

"Are you going to come and watch today?" He asked as I sat down next to him at the Slytherin table.

"Yeah, it's kind of compulsory to watch the opposing teams when you're playing yourself. Are you?"

"Well, I won't be there to watch, but yes, I'll be there." Ominis said.

"Oh, you know what I mean." I gave him a small nudge.

We shared a small laugh together.

Things with Ominis were starting to feel normal again. Though we were never the best of friends and were usually together because of Sebastian, it felt nice to be developing a friendship on our own terms.

"Well, I'll come sit with you if you like. I'll describe in detail how awful Sebastian does."

"Don't you have to sit with your team mates?"

"Nah, they won't even notice. I'll see you there."

I squeezed Ominis' hand as a sign of friendship and returned to the common room to get ready for the game this afternoon.

I battled the others in the bathroom, getting themselves ready and dressing up for the first game of the Quidditch season. I don't know why they even bothered. I pulled my hair into a loose ponytail and finished it off with a little red bow.

I dressed in some tight pants with a blouse and threw a thick coat over the top, expecting it to be cold up in the stands. I fought the gaggle of girls still applying their makeup and primping their hair and headed out.

I met Ominis just outside the Quidditch pitch and walked him in to the stands, sitting with the Slytherins. I earned myself a few looks sitting amongst them, but I wasn't here to particularly cheer anyone on. I was here for Ominis, to explain to him how his best friend was doing in his first ever game.

I sat shivering, Ominis and I bouncing our legs up and down in sync in a bid to stay warm as the two teams took to the field, the names being read aloud over a speaker.

"And making his debut for Slytherin as seeker, wearing the number 7 jersey, Sebastian Sallow!"

Ominis let out a long "wooooo!" which made me giggle slightly.

Both teams mounted their brooms and the game began with the quaffle being thrown into the air.

Sebastian hovered around, not really doing much.

"He's slowly gone left."

"He's now slowly drifted right."

"Oop, he went up a little."

My commentary to Ominis was absolutely riveting.

"He's now gone forward slightly."

"He's picking his nose."

"What?" Ominis' eyes nearly budged out of his gullible head.

"I'm only joking."

The score was leaning in Hufflepuffs's favour, but only slightly. If I was honest, I'd say it was a fairly matched game.

Without warning, Sebastian took off fast. He must have caught a glimpse of the snitch because he flew up and straight, now above the stands. The Hufflepuff seeker must have been watching Sebastian because he made chase. Sebastian stopped suddenly, looking back to see the seeker was following him and I saw him smirk. He was fucking with him.