twelve - heartbreaks and stars

Sebastian's POV

I ended up sleeping in the hospital wing with Lara. Kale was only a few beds over from her with a broken eye socket and a concussion from hitting his head on the ground when I knocked him out and I didn't want to leave her open to any sort of attack from him about my behaviour. Blainey tried to get me booted out a few times, but I'm fucking stubborn, and she knows it. So, I stayed.

I had a chair pulled right up close to her bed, leaning forward and my head laying on it next to her good arm.

When I woke up in the morning, she was still asleep but her hand was tangled in my hair. I didn't want to embarrass or disturb her, so I pretended to still be asleep, relishing the feeling of her hand on me.

I let her pretend she woke first as she stirred a little and snatched her hand away. Only then did I open my eyes and sit up.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her.

"Excellent." She said, a small smile growing on her face. "You didn't have to stay."

"I insisted on it." I said, nodding my head in the direction of Kale, who was still out cold on his bed.

Lara laughed a little, admiring the mark I'd left on him.

"What actually happened?" she asked me.

"Well, you caught up to him and started to overtake him. I guess his pride couldn't take a pretty girl on debut beating him, so he played dirty. He nudged the back of your broom and sent you in a spiral and he went and caught the snitch. I'm surprised he wasn't sent-off let alone even given a foul."

"And you punched him, why?"

"Well, I didn't plan on it. But, I ran down to check on you and saw everyone just standing there. Even your boyfriend. So, I just did it. Someone had to defend your honour."

She scoffed at me, shaking her head in disbelief but the wide grin on her face said otherwise.

"Thank you," she said. "You should probably go and get some proper sleep before class."

Oh yeah. It was Monday.

"Are you sure?" I asked, lifting my head in Kale's direction.

"You've rendered him unconscious and I'm fairly certain he'll be too scared to come near me again." She laughed.

"Very well. I'll see you in class." I said, daring to bend down and give her a kiss on the forehead.

Lara's POV

Shortly after Sebastian left, Nurse Blainey came over and told me I was fine to return to the common room.

As I walked to the Gryffindor tower, I thought about the events that happened over the past 24 hours. My heart was confused, but full. I didn't know how to feel about Sebastian knocking out Kale Beardsley over something that happened to me. I also didn't know how to feel about overhearing Professor Sharp saying Sebastian had certain feelings for me. But, I guess he didn't have to necessarily mean romantic.

Ugh. My head hurt.

I walked into the common room to see it abuzz with students getting ready for the day. I was given a few looks as I walked in still in my sweaty Quidditch uniform from yesterday.

"Oh. Hey, Lara." A voice called from behind me. Garreth's voice.

"Hey." I said, spinning around on my heels.

"I know we have class, but... can we talk really quick?"

"Sure." I replied.

Garreth walked me to his dormitory and held the door open for me, shutting it behind himself as he followed me in.